Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WalMart Rem 700? >

WalMart Rem 700?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WalMart Rem 700?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WalMart Rem 700?

The clerk is just a clerk who knows as much about guns as pet food or laundry detergent.
Thing is, you also just described virtually everyone at the local sporting goods stores as well. I've never been overly impressed with any clerk I encountered ata gun store either. At least the wal-mart clerk has no vested interest in whatyou want. He will just had you what you ask for rather than trying to convince you that you really need something else. I've walked out of several gun shops because the loud mouthed psuedo-know-it-all behind the counter kept trying to hard sell me on something I did not want but that he obviously had an over supply of on hand.

I don't know about you, but, I don't recall ever asking a clerk, whether at WalMart, or at a local gun shop, anything more detailed than price.
LOL! Preach it brother. If you "NEED" the guy at Wal-Mart to be someone that can advise you about firearms then that is a sad @$$ commentary on you. Not Wal-Mart. All I need the clerk at Wally World to be able to do is work the cash register.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

... All I need the clerk at Wally World to be able to do is work the cash register.
That's all I needed, too. However, it took them 2½ hours to figure out how to sell me a $249 Remington 870 synthetic a few years back. I waited 45 min., took the family out to lunch, came back, & waited another 45 min. How hard could it be? Another time, I waited 30 min. for a paint clerk to finish mixing a batch so he could then come sell me 2 boxes of .45 ACP.

I, for one, am done with WalMart.

FC
Old 07-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Folically Challenged

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

... All I need the clerk at Wally World to be able to do is work the cash register.
That's all I needed, too. However, it took them 2½ hours to figure out how to sell me a $249 Remington 870 synthetic a few years back. I waited 45 min., took the family out to lunch, came back, & waited another 45 min. How hard could it be? Another time, I waited 30 min. for a paint clerk to finish mixing a batch so he could then come sell me 2 boxes of .45 ACP.

I, for one, am done with WalMart.

FC

You waited about 2 hours and 15 minutes longer than I would have...
Old 07-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

your wrong way wrong more wrong then obama
there the same gun i bought a 500 mossberg there great gun
do you realy think they send junk guns to walmart

set down the beer can
ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

i personally would never buy a firearm from wally world. its my belief that it isnt the same product. lesser quality
Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeap i bought my 500 for less then gander mountain wanted for a mavrick 88
ORIGINAL: handloader1

The reason Wallmart has better prices is they buy in bulk. Good luck.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i fell bad for ya, buying a mossberg hahaha
Old 07-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

never had a proplem with it or any other mossberg one of the few still made in the usa
ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

i fell bad for ya, buying a mossberg hahaha
Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

What was it, a bdl or an sps? Those are the lower line of th 700. It sounds like you would be saving roughly $100 not considering the scope. My guess is the scope is a $35 Bushnell or something similar.

If you really want a nice Remington than check out the XCR or the CDL. They are a few hundred more.

Good luck with your research.

.........Boy....I never thought a BDL was a "lower class" Remington....???!!!
There is nothing wrong with it. I was just sayin' for better quality..

It is possible that I had it confused with the ADL also, although there ain't much wrong with the ADL either!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

There are two........One is standard and the other is Youth....

SPS Buckmasters Edition

I seen the Buckmasters edition going for around 750 dolars at Dicks Sporting Goods, so um yeah, he would be saving money if he bought it from Walmart.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 AM

The 700 you see at the Wal Mart is of the same quality as every other 700 that leaves the factory!!! as far as the comment that Remington stopped producing the ADL a few years ago, and that it was an old stock ......not true at all the ADL is still built to this day and many firearms are not pictured in the catalog and are made on special runs for various dealers. The scope on the rifle is made by Bushnell and I would recomend changing it when you get the first chance. CDL, BDL, SPS, XCR, SS, SSF, DM, all the same action different features (stock,finish,mag box)Buy it, shoot it , enjoy it!

Quick Reply: WalMart Rem 700?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.