Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WalMart Rem 700? >

WalMart Rem 700?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WalMart Rem 700?

Old 07-14-2008, 08:06 AM

Default RE: WalMart Rem 700?

Be happy that you can still buy firearms at your local Wal Mart. Maryland Wal Marts stopped selling guns.

If it's an ADL, it has been around for a while but who cares! It's still a NIB 700. The scopes that top Remington, Savage and many other brands are Simmons scopes with a different name on them. They'll get the job done but upgrade when you get the chance.

I bought several firearms from Wal Mart. Another thing I have done is take the Wal Mart or Dik's price to Bass Pro and they will match it.

Edited because it takes out the stores name.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: BASSPRO

Guys,
Great feedback. No question that there is little or no service at Wally World. As I stated earlier, the person couldn't even open the case as they did not have keys. The more I have looked around I wonder if it is the BuckMaster Rem 700 chambered in .30/06.
Sadly, the local guys can't even come close to Wal Mart- and with the price of EVERYTHING rising... My local gun shop (where I bought my Glock) only seems to have the real expensive stuff. I have found BassPro to be the cheapest at $530 for a new Rem 700 SPS. The one at Wal Mart is $477 with scope- granted it is not a Leupold or the actual Rem 700 SPS (black), but it may be the BuckMaster SPS?
I'd be lookin' hard at a long action donor, at a minimum,if it were me...

The barrel will likely shoot good enough to build something decent with as it's hard to screw up an '06.

A little jawin' on the price with the sporting goods manager might get you few bucks off that $477 too...........
Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive worked on TWO remy bolts from wally world and both had plastic rear ramps. you cant tell me they arent made a little cheaper. if its not then so be it. ive always felt they were lesser quality. if thats not the case and your looking for a good buy and have a cabelas in driving distance ide check them out! all the gun dealers around here could get my my mod 7 cdl 350 for 785-800$ (L.L. wal mart dont even carry this gun) i went to our new cabelas and priced it thinkin it would be ridiculous......$649.00 tax included out the door! so if buying power has somthin to do w/ cheaper prices then they must have some pull
Old 07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

ive worked on TWO remy bolts from wally world and both had plastic rear ramps. you cant tell me they arent made a little cheaper. if its not then so be it. ive always felt they were lesser quality. if thats not the case and your looking for a good buy and have a cabelas in driving distance ide check them out! all the gun dealers around here could get my my mod 7 cdl 350 for 785-800$ (L.L. wal mart dont even carry this gun) i went to our new cabelas and priced it thinkin it would be ridiculous......$649.00 tax included out the door! so if buying power has somthin to do w/ cheaper prices then they must have some pull

Aquick search on Walmart's website shows that you can in factorder the Model 7 CDL in 350 Rem Mag, although it is more expensive then whatyou paid. Wal Mart does not stock it but can special order it from their distributor. Here is the link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4665576

A few years ago my local Walmat sporting goods mgr told me he could order any long gun that the distributor(s) had. I have looked through their catalog before and got some pricesbut found a local dealer who works with me and gives mebetter service.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Spike

I wont buy a gun from Wally World just because it's a pain in the a$$.
The clerk is just a clerk who knows as much about guns as pet food or laundry detergent.
Go to a local gun shop and support them.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: robert4570

I wont buy a gun from Wally World just because it's a pain in the a$$.
The clerk is just a clerk who knows as much about guns as pet food or laundry detergent.
Go to a local gun shop and support them.
I don't know about you, but, I don't recall ever asking a clerk, whether at WalMart, or at a local gun shop, anything more detailed than price. And, the WalMart guys are just as efficient and competent at answering that question as the guys at the gun shop. I can pretty much pick calibers, models, etc., all by myself... It's not like I'm wondering whether a .22-250 is going to be suitable for hunting Brown Bears.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:56 AM

I've never bought a gun from Walmart but don't have a problem dealing with them. The reason I haven't bought a gun from them is that they normally carry the very basic guns in stock and that is the ones they have the best prices on. I generally want at least a step up from that so that puts you in the special order group. My local gun shop will and has beat their prices on every special order gun I have checked on.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:31 PM

What was it, a bdl or an sps? Those are the lower line of th 700. It sounds like you would be saving roughly $100 not considering the scope. My guess is the scope is a $35 Bushnell or something similar.

If you really want a nice Remington than check out the XCR or the CDL. They are a few hundred more.

Good luck with your research.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Dominant Buck

There are two........One is standard and the other is Youth....

SPS Buckmasters Edition

Old 07-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

What was it, a bdl or an sps? Those are the lower line of th 700. It sounds like you would be saving roughly $100 not considering the scope. My guess is the scope is a $35 Bushnell or something similar.

If you really want a nice Remington than check out the XCR or the CDL. They are a few hundred more.

Good luck with your research.

.........Boy....I never thought a BDL was a "lower class" Remington....???!!!

Quick Reply: WalMart Rem 700?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.