Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Super X2 vs. Super X3 >

Super X2 vs. Super X3

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Super X2 vs. Super X3

Old 07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Spike

Default Super X2 vs. Super X3

This is more a less a continuation on an earlier post.

My son is thinking about buying a SX3. I spoke to a gun dealer who thinks the SX2 is just as good and can save a couple of hundred dollars over getting the SX3.

Is the SX2 just as good?

My son would mainly use it for shooting trap, turkey and duck. He would really like to get the 3.5 mag but were concerned about the gun jamming when shooting lighter loads. Does that happen a lot?

Most of our clay shooting would involve only having one shell in gun at a time.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Default RE: Super X2 vs. Super X3

I have a SX2 and it is an extremely fine shotgun. No problems with it at all. I haven't shot a SX3, so I cann't say about that, but so farI cann't see any reason why I would trade my SX2 for an SX3.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

see my other reply to you on other post. the x2 (i have 2) will kick less, it is heavier. the guts of the guns are the same. the reviever and mag tube are different, that's where they lost the weight. stocks are different designed, contours.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

The SX2 and SX3 are the same gun mechanical wise. The main difference is their weights and looks. The SX3 reduces its weight by using parts from the Browning Fusion (Gold). It uses the same aluminum recoil and magazine tubes. The same goes for it’s lighter mid height rib and lighter barrel. Because of the barrel, the SX3 also has a thinner forearm than the SX2. The SX3 has more stock adjustments than the SX2. They have different lines on their receivers and stocks but don’t have any weight reductions there.