Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Thompson Center Pro Hunter >

Thompson Center Pro Hunter

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thompson Center Pro Hunter

Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thompson Center Pro Hunter

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i went ahead and bought the springs, so i'm gonna give it a shot. i read through the instructions and it did not seem too dificult. i just get nervous when instructions say "remember this", which they do on several steps.
nah, it won't be difficult or time consuming at all. it took me some time because i did some honing. it turned out real well though.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

was it worth it to you? did your groupings shrink?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

was it worth it to you? did your groupings shrink?
yes it was worth it to me. i bought my encore as a .50 cal muzzle loader setup. but, i primarily use it as a handgun setup now. i particularly noticed that it helped with my groups when shooting off hand with my 44 mag barrel. you may be able to get away with just installing a lighter spring for a rifle setup. as long as the trigger doesn't have any creep and seems crisp. if you do end up honing some contact points, take your time and be carefull. you can end up causing some creep in the trigger pull. but, you can always hone a little more and create a crisp trigger pull with no creep. it's trial and error. but, mine turned out great. nice and crisp without any creep.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

my stock trigger did not have any creep and was crisp. i just wanted a lighter trigger, so all i'm doing is installing the #4 spring. according to the web site, that should give me between a 2 1/2 and a 3 pound pull.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

i got mine done in north carolina for $50 and its around 2.5lb very pleased with it. Some gunsmiths wont touch the encore but keep looking and you'll find someone
Old 07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

The Pro Hunter action is the same action as the standard Encore. I sent mine to Bellm for a trigger job. He did a fantastic job.

Go to his web site. He has instructions there to tell you how to do it yourself also. He also sells the spring kits there.
Send it to Bellm. I bought a spring and did one myself, and it was a PAIN. I have had Bellm do a few with 1 1/2 lb and 2 1/2 lb pulls, and they are great.

In my opinion, it is well worth the money, and he has a fast turn around.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

If you are at all mechanical you can do it yourself with Belm's free download. My once 4lb 3oz trigger is now 2lb 6oz. TC Encore/Prohunter triggers are great triggers. They are simple and just need a bit of work. If you send it to Mike it may take some time but it may be worth it if you are not a fix-it-youself guy.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

just finished doing it myself. took me all of 2 hours to complete. i would have done it quicker but the pictures and instuctions were a little vague, so i had to play around with it until i figured it out. the trigger is SWEET now. can't wait to shoot it.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats...knew you could do it. They are sweet triggers, aren't they?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you got it, I don't have a Pro Hunter, but I have an Encore. I took mine to local gunshop and he charged me $25 to tune it to 3lbs. My trigger was very good as well, no creep, just the 5.5lb trigger wasn't for me.

Quick Reply: Thompson Center Pro Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.