Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Cleaning with a bore snake?? >

Cleaning with a bore snake??

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cleaning with a bore snake??

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Spike

Default Cleaning with a bore snake??

I have a 12ga. slug gun, and I bought a bore snake to clean it with when I am at the range. I figured it would be faster than doing a full clean on it, it would remove the fouling, and I could do a detailed cleaning when I got home.

The isntructions just say to pull the snake through though, no solution or anything. Is that right? Does anyone have any experience with using these? Any advice?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:14 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Cleaning with a bore snake??

I own two, and have came to hate em. After you clean with em, you have to wash them. And tehy don't do anythign a cleaning rod and brush won't do.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a bore snake when I go hunting. That's about it. Mainly to wipe my barrel down incase of rain or such.

Tom
Old 06-26-2008, 11:29 AM

I saw a new company that put out a cleaning process that is a 12ga round that has the cleaning solution and cleaning pad in the bullet itself. I think I saw it in field and steam...seemed like a great idea.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I put a small amount of gun oil on the leading edge of the bore snake and pull it through a couple of times after a days hunt especially when it is snowing or raining.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Bore Snakes all the time for a quick clean. I find they do an excellent job for my application...
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a field maintenance tool at best and one the manufacturer is trying to make into a fulltime tool where it fails miserably.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

I use mine inbetween good cleanings and on the road trips. I fill the barrel with a foaming cleaner, let sit a few min and then pull through several times. gets the job done.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much what everybody else said. They do the job for a light cleaning inbetween thourough cleanings.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use them since I had one break off in the barrel , just the very end of it so there was no easy way to get it out . Not for me .

Quick Reply: Cleaning with a bore snake??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.