Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Court rules in favor of Second Amendment gun right >

Court rules in favor of Second Amendment gun right

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Court rules in favor of Second Amendment gun right

Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Court rules in favor of Second Amendment gun right

Loony is right on this one...theres too much money in the prison industry to worry bout getting rid of crime.

Great news though!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see they came to the right decision. A great day for Americans.
However my optimism is tempered by the fact that this was won on a 5-4 vote. With an opening probable sometime during the next term it will make this next election all the more important.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you right now, it's not laid to rest. If Obama get's in there and appoints a couple of judges, things will be different next time. We won, but not by a landslide. One or two votes the other way and things would have been different. God Bless America!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was so glad to see this. A buddy of mine sent methe link as soon as it broke

Old 06-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I agree that the fight isn't over by a long shot, but this was definately a huge victory. Between this SCOTUS decision and Hilliary not getting the nomination there might just be hope for this country yet haha. Now we just have to find a way beat Obama. Although it was only a 5-4 vote and there will likely be some openings in the court soon, the supreme court very very very rarely overturns itself. When it has happened it is years and years after the fact and usually on pretty obvious issues (segregation, etc). Doesn't mean we should let our guard down, but it certainly gives a good reason to be optimistic. Although i'm sure the liberal media will throw a fit about this, this was the perfect example of the system working like it was designed. Additionally when i read the story their was a poll asking what people thought of the decision....nearly 80 percent were in favor of it.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now they need to hear and rule that individual states do not have the right to regualte firearms beyond what is regulated by the 2nd amendment and federal regulations.

Sure there are states rightsbut when it comes to the Constitution of the UNITED Statesand Bill of Rights they don't have a leg to stand on.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure there are states rights
Yep, but that ship has sailed a long time ago. If you take a look at the abortion issue, liberals don't believe that states have any rigts to regulate within their own borders. It will be fun to see them try to contort themselves to make themselves 'states rights' advocates when it comes to gun regulations
Old 06-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

The glass may have something in it, but it is far from being half full! Today, there are only five of the nine justices who are able to read, or smart enough to figure out that what the Second Amendment constitutesa written guarantee that our government is prohibited from infringing an age-old Common Law right of Englishmen that goes back at least to the days of the Vikings, if not further - a right which the English themselves have long since surrendered.....
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though it was a possitive desicision for gun owners in the US, the margin of victory must be unnerving. That was a close vote. Are any on your supreme court getting close to where they are thinking of hanging up the robe? The next appointment or 2 may be critical to the maintaining of your second ammenment.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

The glass may have something in it, but it is far from being half full! Today, there are only five of the nine justices who are able to read, or smart enough to figure out that what the Second Amendment constitutesa written guarantee that our government is prohibited from infringing an age-old Common Law right of Englishmen that goes back at least to the days of the Vikings, if not further - a right which the English themselves have long since surrendered.....
Woe be the day the Freedom and Security of Millions hinges on theopinion of nine men and women...

The Second Amendment means the same to me now as it did last week, and I can safely say that the affirmationby the Supreme Court yesterdayhad little to do with that.

We are Free Men responsible for our own Freedom regardless of what one branch of our "goverment" says........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.