Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Semi-Auto Shotgun Question >

Semi-Auto Shotgun Question

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Semi-Auto Shotgun Question

Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Semi-Auto Shotgun Question

Remington 11-87. More versatile than the 1100 as it will handle varying weights of ammo better.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting quail with a semi-auto is like drinking fine champagne out of a paper cup.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Shooting quail with a semi-auto is like drinking fine champagne out of a paper cup.
I undertsand. Quail is just one of the uses I will have for it. I want to use it as a deer gun back in Indiana, and do alot of clay shooting also. Is Stoeger made by Benelli?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started shooting quail with a 12 semi-auto over my brittany. He looked at me in disgust. I got a 20 o/u and he thanked me.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:19 PM

Benelli. Benelli. Benelli.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steelhead31

I undertsand. Quail is just one of the uses I will have for it. I want to use it as a deer gun back in Indiana, and do alot of clay shooting also. Is Stoeger made by Benelli?
I guess techincally it is but the Stoeger is made in Turkey by another company that Benelli owns.

The Stoeger doesn't have a barrel that is rated for slugs so don't know if it's the one for you. They do sell a Stoeger that comes with a smooth barrel and a rifled barrel but I think it costs more than $500. I think just under $600.

Tom
Old 06-13-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steelhead31

Hey I'm far from one to judge here. My comment was just in jest and good old fashion friendly broad sword style. Lord knows when it comes to my wingshooting I need every shell I can stuff up the spout!

But as a young'in I carried a "Light" 1100 20ga up and down a few mountains behind our English Setter for grouse.... and its a workout, especially as a 10 year old kid. If you can only have one gun, I suppose the Stoeger would fit the bill. It certainly is nice and lightweight, and its one of the only "cheap" (read: inexpensive) semi-autos on the new market that I'd recommend to someone.