HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   WHat kind of Major purchases are you planning for this year (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/248483-what-kind-major-purchases-you-planning-year.html)

oldelkhunter 06-06-2008 07:30 AM

WHat kind of Major purchases are you planning for this year

How many people are planning a major sporting goods purchase this year? I know I need a few scopes and a new Kahr.

thndrchiken 06-06-2008 07:36 AM

RE: WHat kind of Major purchases are you planning for this year

Nothing new for me I will be working on some projects though, like cutting the barrel on a Swede to sporterize so I'll need to buy muzzle facing and crowning cutters and lappers. The other project will be to rebarrel Czech made m98 from 30-06 to either 257 Roberts or 35 Whelen. So that'l require the barrel, headspace gauges, action wrench and a few extra m98 bolts to practice on before I cut the one I'll be using. So my expenditures will be on tools and supplies.

Rifle Loony 06-06-2008 07:49 AM

I'm maxed out for the month, already, but there's a lot of year left..............

doubleA 06-06-2008 08:17 AM

I am considering getting into the 50 BMG realm, just handled the Bushmaster/Cobb BA 50 and havent been able to sleep since.:D Of course along with that is a scope, dies, cases,bullets, press etc.

Gazzer 06-06-2008 09:36 AM

2 pistols: 1 compact to carry (probably an XD or S&W M&P) and 1 for deer (probably a Super Blackhawk 44MAG 7.5")

And a scope for my 870 slug gun...not sue if it will be Nikon or Leupold.

Should be a good year!

bugsNbows 06-06-2008 12:06 PM

I'm already about maxed out (two rifles and two scopes) on sporting goods. However, if I can manage to sell the old 4WD Chevy, I'll be looking for a new PU this fall.

Gangly 06-06-2008 01:20 PM

take my CHL tomorrow and will hopefully have a pistol to go with it pretty soon :)

Paul L Mohr 06-06-2008 01:40 PM

Already did it, traded some guns and bought a .243 savage in stainless and put a 4-16x50 mueller with mildots on it.

I also just got a new computer and monitor recently. I go the monitor a few months ago and the computer last weekend.

Paul

sjsfire 06-06-2008 02:08 PM

I bought a Knight KRB about two months ago.

Rammer 06-06-2008 02:21 PM

I chose all of the above....One just never knows what might follow him home when entering a gunshop. :D