HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   WHat kind of Major purchases are you planning for this year (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/248483-what-kind-major-purchases-you-planning-year.html)

falcon 06-07-2008 08:08 AM

RE: WHat kind of Major purchases are you planning for this year

Will up-grade the scopes on some of my rifles. Will buya couple Leupold FX III 6x42 scopes to replace existingWeaver and Redfield scopes: Those scopes arenot too bad but they are not good low light scopes. Will also buy a Ziess 6x42.Should havebought quality scopes the first time.

IL-Cornfed 06-07-2008 03:10 PM

I plan on adding another T/C Encore Pro Hunter to my collection and a Nkon Monarch 50mm mounted to that. I also have a new $800 bow ordered and will have to dump a few more hundred into it to set it up. Of course this season I will have all 3 kids hunting so I'll have an excuse to spend all kinds of extra money on huntin' gear this season! LOL!

AmateurHunter44857 06-07-2008 09:10 PM

I'll be looking at a .22,.17hmr or 22-250 for varmint hunting, possibly a .270 or 30-06 if i can talk my uncle into letting me bear hunt with him in NY, possibly a crossbow, def. a scope for my Mossy 500 Slug Gun.

doubleA 06-07-2008 09:29 PM

Definately a press and associated equipment for the 50 BMG now seeing that I picked up the rifle and scope today.

Rammer 06-08-2008 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: doubleA

Definately a press and associated equipment for the 50 BMG now seeing that I picked up the rifle and scope today.

Whatcha end up getting? We need details, as I am looking into one as well! :D

corey012778 06-08-2008 02:33 AM

my major purchases is done, bought an used win. apex 45cal last month. like to get a new scope but that is going have to wait.

doubleA 06-08-2008 02:11 PM

Rammer, I dont have any pics of the rifle setup yet but did snap one of the 10 rd magazine with a Sako 375 H&H for comparison. I am going to need some serious powder to keep this thing fed.:D

Rammer 06-08-2008 08:34 PM

Yep, I'm Jealous!!!! I better show that to my old man, he really has a 50 bug.

Maine Shooter 06-09-2008 04:55 AM

Have already bought 3 or 4 handguns and I know there's at least one rifle and a good chance another few handguns will be bought too. Having to tame it a bit this year. Might get a coupl scopes too.

skb2706 06-09-2008 11:14 AM

Considering the $4 a gallon gas it looks like my 'major' purchase will be spent using what i have and buying gas. I just got my licenses for elk, deer and antelope. I am heading out the door in two hours for three days of pd shooting and I got a whole bunch of year left. Gas and handloading supplies will use up all the disposable income.