Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless >

Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Hey Ridge ,I guess we are keyboard commandos also.It has taken me over ten years to get just over a thousand.even with an I.D. # of 531................HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys for your answers, those of you fighting need not highjack a thread like you did.

I handled the 270wsm and I can see where the stock isnt as trim as a HS precision or a Bell and Carlson but the rifle is only $819 and the trigger had no creep and broke at about 4# which is fine for me and hunting.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys for your answers, those of you fighting need not highjack a thread like you did.
Fighting your kidding right? Just trying to clarify some misinformation spread by the unknowningso you can get the real picture on what they are and aren't.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:25 PM

I dont want to stir something up here but is there really a difference between a Weatherby Vanguard Sub-MOA and a regular synthetic vanguard???
Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

bob,

allvanguards are shot/tested to shoot 1.5MOA or less, weatherby came up with the marketing scheme to set aside those vanguards that shot well, ie sub-MOA aside and sold at a premium, so they are no different partwise, but they do shoot better. If a reg vanguard shot sub-MOA it would have been set aside....and sold as "sub-moa"

It may be possible with handloading to get a regular vanguard to shoot Sub-moa.

I read an article on Jarret rifles....perhaps on their website, when he began his work accuracy was and still is the goal of every rifle. He built rifles from stock barrels....and said something like it came to the point where only 1 in 3 factory barrels were meeting his requirements.....which is why he began producing his own....that only goes to show that all the barrels came from the same production line etc....but some just happened to be better than others....

I think the more sub MOA a rifle can shoot the better. anything under 1.5 to me is good/ok, but anything under .30 caliber I'd like to see under 1 MOA. I know most factories which guarantee 1/2moa or 1moa only do so up to .30 caliber usually....
Old 05-25-2008, 11:23 PM

Yeah i dont know why i would pay the extra money to get a gun that shoots good at the factory because my loads are gonna be different for it anyway.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

never said jarret used howa barrels....but at one time he did in fact use"factory barrels" to produce his rifles...and in the process not all of the factory barrels made the cut to his standards.

according to weatherby...."the vanguard is the only factory rifle that comes with a factory-shot target as your assurance of guaranteed accuracy"

I guess weatherby is lying? They just randomly grab rifles from the vanguard line and declare them as "sub-moa" perhaps you yourself should do more research of your own.

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

lotta work for weatherby considering they get the vanguards in in box'es from the howa plant!, kenny jarret never used howa barrels, if he did would you pay 5 grand for a beanfield rifle?
JHC saluki, are you that hard up to watch your post count climb?
RR
Old 05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

"The first step came in the late 80’s when Kenny found that 27% of the barrels he bought from the best in the business would not shoot to his standard of sub one minute"

http://www.jarrettrifles.com/about_us.aspx

someone's foot in their mouth? ohhhhh

lotta work for weatherby considering they get the vanguards in in box'es from the howa plant!, kenny jarret never used howa barrels, if he did would you pay 5 grand for a beanfield rifle?
JHC saluki, are you that hard up to watch your post count climb?
RR
Old 05-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Course you can continue to misquote me then claim I said something incorrect. Never said Jarret used howa barrels. Nor a 5 grand rifle with a howa barrel.

May want to rely on stating your own opinions in the future, rather than trying to debunk what I say as incorrect when you're not even sure whether its true/false and it comes out as truth.

kenny jarret never used howa barrels, if he did would you pay 5 grand for a beanfield rifle?
RR
Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: salukipv1

according to weatherby...."the vanguard is the only factory rifle that comes with a factory-shot target as your assurance of guaranteed accuracy"

I don't know about now, but Savage used to include a target with every centerfire rifle about 18 years ago. It's a nice selling point to see the results from the factory bench.

And Hey Swampdog! We're in about the same boat,... I've been around the same length of time as you and I'm nowhere neaer the post totals of some newbies. we've both survived a couple crashes that stole our posts, but I still wouldn't be up there with some others. I think I'm member # 569

Quick Reply: Weatherby Sub MOA Stainless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.