Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Targets????

Old 05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Targets????

I've been shooting a lot here lately and targets are getting expensive. I've tried printing my own, and their okay at 50 yards, but when you get out to 100 yards it's hard to see your shot. I've been buying the targets that show up really well, but damn their expensive. Is there a way to make these kind of targets, or is there somewhere you can buy them for cheap. We are getting ready to move out to farther distances on a regular basis andI just wanted to see what you more experienced guys are using to see where you hit and to save some dough.

Thanks Bryan
Old 05-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Targets????

Buy a couple of good quality spinner targets. You have instant recognition. No set up, no checking or changing the targets. From my front porch I have one at 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards. They are a hoot to shoot, and the only maintenance is a bit of grass trimmimg. Tom.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to get to shoot like that all the time. However, I'm limited to shooting at the available ranges here in Colorado.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

When you are out and aboutpick up all of those corrugated plastic real estate etc... signs. You can punchhundreds of holes in them and they come with their own stand. A can of spray paint for some flo-orange dots and you are in business.

Or you can get a ten pack of poster board at Walmart for something like a buck or two, cut them into quarters and you got 40 targets. Draw several bulls eyes on them and use masking tape to cover up previously fired shots until they are all shot up.

Another thing that is really cheap is a rheem of printer paper and a magic marker and a ruler. Draw dots and then some dashes an inch apart above the dots for three inches. You can get 4 dots on each piece of paper. A bout 5 or 6 dollars and some time is all it takes to make hundreds of targets.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, paper magic markers, and a spotting scope.
A good spotting scope is necessary unless you only make a few range trips per year, like to walk a whole lot, or like to pay big $$s for a lot of shoot-n-see targets.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Or, if you aren'tthat patientthen get a roll or two of these.

http://stores.ebay.com/LABELS-AND-MORE_Color-Coded-Labels_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10207178QQftidZ2QQtZ km
Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think any paper target combined with a nice spotting scope should do the job....I'm sure those orange or blaze yellow targets show the bullets better but those are expensive. You should be able to see bullet holes at 200yds with a nice spotting scope without too much trouble.

I just use the standard 1 inch black/white rifle sight in targets, in a 20 pack I think, and maybe some peel n stick orange dots for the centers....
Old 05-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought some software for my PC and make mine that way.I think it was like $20.00.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

I know they are not the shoot-n-see targets, but I print mine from these sites:
http://www.mytargets.com/
http://www.targetz.com/
Good Luck
Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: Targets????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.