Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Safe & Golden Rod >

Safe & Golden Rod

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Safe & Golden Rod

Old 05-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Safe & Golden Rod

I just purchased a Winchester Safe (Granite Safe) from Sam's Club for $418.00 which is 5.0' tall, 2.5' wide, and 1.83' depth. Since the safe will have to be stored in a garage for now, do you folks think a 24" Golden Rod(300 cubic feet protection) would be too large for a 23 cubic cubic foot safe? The 24" Golden Rod will fit the safe. I live in the SW. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Safe & Golden Rod

Being in the southwest, you are most likely in an arid enviroment but it's a good idea that you have something to remove any unwanted moisture that can into a safe. My safe's are in air conditioned rooms and I use the 18" model golden rods with out any problems. I think the 24"model might be overkillbut that will depend on your situation as you know better than anyone. With the safe being in the garage you are wise to get something in there to take care of moisture.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a Golden Rod for years and have never had a moisture problem. I was living in Florida where humidity is very high.I would recommend getting the biggest one that will fit in your safe.Shop around and you'll find some good prices on the Golden Rods. I bought mine through Midsouth.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: handloader1

I just purchased a Winchester Safe (Granite Safe) from Sam's Club for $418.00 which is 5.0' tall, 2.5' wide, and 1.83' depth. Since the safe will have to be stored in a garage for now, do you folks think a 24" Golden Rod(300 cubic feet protection) would be too large for a 23 cubic cubic foot safe? The 24" Golden Rod will fit the safe. I live in the SW. Thanks.
I wouldn't put anything in a safe in the southwest. Isn't your humidity usually low 40's? It sure won't hurt anything but the wood. I have a few humidy guages and the rod does very little.