Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Input on Baikal guns? >

Input on Baikal guns?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Input on Baikal guns?

Old 05-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Spike

Default Input on Baikal guns?

I went to Gander Mtn. today and saw a 20ga O/U, Baikal Spartan. I have never heard of this company and want some input. The gun was $399, and on the bottom it said "Spartan gunworks by Remington; made in Russia" Anyone know if these are decent guns? Im just dying to have a 20ga for wing/clay shooting. The gun seemed to fit me pretty well too. thanks.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Input on Baikal guns?

I have a nice little 410 sxs. May not be the prettiest and fanciest gun in the stores but has always gone BANG when I pulled the trigger...
Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Decent guns for hunting, but they won't hold up with extended shooting like more expensive shotguns. I've personally seen a couple of the Baikal guns die on the skeet and trap range.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I've put about 2000 rounds through my SPR 310 (over/under) over the past two years and it's just starting to feel "broken in".

My wife's SPR 453 is a great, inexpensive semi-auto.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine has a 12 ga under/over, real nice shotgun. Handles well and I've never heard any complaints while out in the field.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are nice guns. I have a 12 gauge SXS and I have used it to shoot sporting clays. The local pro at the club looked at it and shot it a couple times and said it was fine for what I wanted it for. He did tell me to take it to a local gunsmith and have the forcing cones bored he said it will make it shoot more consistent patterns and take away some of the kick. From what I've seen of them both shooting mine and my buddies O/U they seem to be agood gun for the money.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kbeaner

I went to Gander Mtn. today and saw a 20ga O/U, Baikal Spartan. I have never heard of this company and want some input. The gun was $399, and on the bottom it said "Spartan gunworks by Remington; made in Russia" Anyone know if these are decent guns? Im just dying to have a 20ga for wing/clay shooting. The gun seemed to fit me pretty well too. thanks.
They're worth every penny of what they cost---what kind of a SXS double can you get for $400.00?? One made in Russia or China...... As the old Dutchman used to say, Nix fer nice, but hellfur strong. Let's just say they don't put alot of effort into fit & finishing......
Old 05-05-2008, 02:11 PM

Buddy of mine sold a Berreta O/U and bought a Baikal, said he liked the feel better. It was a double trigger and he had the triggers reversed, outside of that, he has done nothing to it. He uses it strictly for pheasant hunting, and that was part of the problem with the berreta, he hated taking it out in the field.I shot his a couple times and it was OK, but won't replace my 101. Fit, and feel are about the most important attributes of a shotgun, mechanical stuff can be fixed.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buddy of mine sold a Berreta O/U and bought a Baikal, said he liked the feel better
I was about to say something not nice until I read the rest of your statement

he hated taking it out in the field
Old 05-05-2008, 06:05 PM

I have a baikal air rifle and its great. i dont know to much about their guns but its a reliable company.

Quick Reply: Input on Baikal guns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.