Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 views on a kimber 308 >

views on a kimber 308

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

views on a kimber 308

Old 05-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: views on a kimber 308

I have four of the Kimber of Oregon rifles.My father bought me three of them for a college graduation present. IMO they are second to none in the factory category.

I have one of the new Kimber of New York rifles. It is a Long Master Classic in 223 Reminton. It is a fine rifle. It is clearly not the rifle my Oregon rifles are. But I paid considerably more for the Oregon rifles over 25 years ago(actually my dad did). The rifle shoots well and has operated flawlessly. I paid $900 for it. I have had a couple of people offer to buy it from me for a profit. If you can buy a 308 for $650 then buy it. That is a steal. Tom.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot the Montana in 308. It shot MOA 4 of 5 times for me. I was shooting 3 shot groups. Unlike some of the other posts the rifle actionI shot was smooth as could be. My buddy who is a crack shot just got the 338 Federal in the Montana and could only get 2" groups with that rifle but that was his first attempt at the range and has only tried one round.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

OEH you like those 7WSM's...there ya go

I do like that cartridge but the 7 wsm this guy is trying to sell has the plainest claro walnut stock I have ever seen on a kimber. It looks like they sanded it smooth and put one coat of oil on it. If I were to buy it the first thing I would do is bring it to a Stock GuyI know and redo the finish. I shouldn't have to do that for 869+tax out the door.