Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 KAHR pistols >

KAHR pistols

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

KAHR pistols

Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 PM

Default KAHR pistols

ANybody know anything on KAHR pistols? I was looking at the little .40 today at the gunshop for a concealed weapon. It is a perfect fit in my hand and is suprisingly very light. Buuut i don't know much of anything about the brand, anybody have any good/bad things to say about KAHR? thanks!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: KAHR pistols

It is the most concealable pistol on the market. Very thin and extremely solid guns very well thought out. If I were carrying that is the pistol
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 AM

I haven't heard much bad about the all steel guns, other than their weight. The polymer framed models seem to get mixed reviews. Lots of folks swear by them, but others complain of various problems with them. I owned a couple of the steel framed versions. They were reliable, just too heavy for my tastes.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Kahr's mini pistols are good quality. About like Kel-Tec. Very concealable and reliable. I would carry one if I didn't have gorilla hands.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the look and feel of them. I have heard of some problems, but without witnessing them firsthand, they very well could have been shooter error issues. Here is something you may not know about Kahr:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march99/moon10.htm
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

I had a Kahr K9 and I sold it. Dumb! It was a great gun. Thought maybe there was something better out there but I was wrong. I love Kahr's!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

like the look and feel of them. I have heard of some problems, but without witnessing them firsthand, they very well could have been shooter error issues. Here is something you may not know about Kahr:

The son of the founder of that church is evidently a brilliant gun designer so connections will be made.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM

I have a Kahr P45 and it is a great gun. Shoots nice for a small polymer frame pistol, I have had no problems with it.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe they are generally very good pistols. Yes, the steel frame models are quite heavy. For those, a good holster is key.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish my stepson was here to tell you exactlyabout his. What I know about his is that it is a 40 cal polymar and he is waiting fora new gun to be shipped back to him now and he is going to sell it unfired when he gets it back. His Kahr 40 cal started having part of the slide guides (not sure if that is correct terminolgy) chipping off and the dealer he bought it from said they were glad he brought it back when he did that it was in a very dangerous state and at any time could have had the slide blow off of it when shot. They sent it back to Kahr and he is waiting to hear back from them now.

Quick Reply: KAHR pistols

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.