Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it? >

Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

It's probably worth......$2600, though the euro is going up so that price may be higher nowadays.

American Rifle, Euro Glass on top of it.....

Old 04-30-2008, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

I'd say my most expensive is my benelli sbe2 and i might use that one the most out of all of them. Or it might be my Ruger w/the custom stock?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

BerettaSilver Pigeon III12 gauge is most expensive but it has seen lots of work on upland game.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Site Bouncer

Well, I have many "safe queens", some of which could still be used for hunting others are too outdated to be of any use in the field. Some were never intended as huntingguns in the first place. I don't judge my hunting firearms by their price, I judge them by how they shoot and how I shoot them. If I like it and it shoots/handles good for me I'll use it.

To answer your question, most of my high dollar firearms probably haven't been fired in over one hundred years and I don't plan on changing that any time soon.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

my benelli was pricey for a field gun, use it all the time.

i've got a ruger red label with AMAZING wood on it that has killed many ducks, turkeys rabbits and grouse.. probally a scratch for every one!

my buddy almost soiled himself when i used it for a canoe oar when the real oar got stuck in the mud. he still tells that story at the trap range!

tools meant to be used, just clean em up good!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

The most expensive rifle I have is a Remingto 700 Classic in 300sav I bought for $510 OTD. Sent it to Shilen the same day to get a blued 358win barrel put on it. It was a # 3 contour I think with a 20.5" length. Sweet handling gun with a 40.25" OAL. Looks just like the 700 Classic 358win which was never made. Total was $1.100 at the time. And I only own hunting guns even my O/U's if I can't hunt with em they would be useless to me.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't buy something that I wouldn't hunt or shoot with, even though I own a couple that I inherited that I wouldn't shoot or hunt with.

I have a Sako L691 that retailed for around $1,100 back in 1994 when I got it (for $750...my BIL was a dealer). I put a Leupold Vari X III 4.5 X 14 on it (another $450 back then). I have used that rifle a lot and it shows it in certain areas. But that is what I got it for.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 PM

My most expensive, and most used for hunting,gun is my Remington SP-10 Magnum (cost about $1300)which I use in foul weatherfor waterfowl hunting and rugged upland areas for turkey and pheasant and even with slugs for hogs. Ibought it to hunt with and realize that there are times when it will get dinged and scratched as well as wet and dirty but I don't care because I just love hunting with that gun. I also have a Savage Model 99 in .303 Savage that I inherited from my grandfather and that one is in well earned retirement.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Here are some of my nice ones - we seem to get a better deal un Euro guns here in NZ than we do on American ones so no Cooper yet!

You do feel a little more guilty dropping them or using them as walking sticks[:@]

Mannlicher ultralight .243

Steyr Scout .308

HK SL8 .223

CDL SF 7-08

Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better deal on Euro guns you say??? Wanna do some trading?

Quick Reply: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.