Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it? >

Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Why not hunt with a 10 grand gun when you drive a 50 grand truck down the road by complete strangers?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

I have no use for a "safe queen". I own a Remington 1187 SPS 28 inch barrel in 12 gauge. With the extra chokes, cantilever rifled deer barrel, and my Nikon scope I got roughly $1000 wrapped up in it. I don't own anything I can't use and be afraid of scratching it up.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like safe quieens either. My most expensive is probably that of my name sake. I only have around $700 into it.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 AM

Droppin' 2 G's on ahuntable rifle, that shoots well, is easy...on more than one level.

Gunsare tools...........
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever gun I have is used and sometimes roughly no matter what they cost otherwise I don't buy them
Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back on subject...I've hunted dove witha Winchestermdl 21 16 gauge Grade 5 with Alvin White engraving.He was head engraver for Winchester before his passing,something about his work bringing an extra 4-5 thousand....still a good dove gun...or just a gun to me!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

I havecouple of safe queens most of them are Browning Citoris my Dad had custome engraved for him or the one he bought for me which is a 28 Guage Browning Citori Grade 3that ran about1,700 in 1980. These guns do hunt or get used at the range. But only under perfect conditions..

Here is a 410 he had custom engraved

And his 28 guage..

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM

I honestly don't have any guns most would consider expensive. I really don't have that many guns anymore. Would depend on what you consider expensive and how you value it. The most valuable to ME would be my Winchester 9410 .410 lever gun.

I have seen them go for 6 or 7 hundred on some auction sites, but it was a gift from my dad so to me it is priceless. He purchased two when they came out, he used one for shooting squirrels in his back yard and kept the other in the box in his closet for years. A few years ago at Thanksgiving he got it out and said I could have it, no sense in it just sitting in the closet. Everyone told me to keep in the box and don't shoot it because it would be worth more. Screw that, if my dad wanted it to stay in the box he would have kept it in the closet and willed it to me when he passes away. He wanted me shoot the darn thing, and shoot it I will. I am actually thinking of taking it deer hunting this year.

I actually have more money invested in archery equipment than I do guns. I own four bows at the moment and actually had six at one time. This is my Bowtech Mighty Might. I have over a grand invested into it and that really isn't that expensive of a set up, some target bows cost that much bare. This bow sees some abuse.

This is my girlfriends target bow, if you look close you can see the price tag still hanging off it. The release she is using there was almost $200 by itself!

I don't think I have ever paid more than 500 or so for a gun, and I have never bought one I didn't plan to use.

Paul

Old 04-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My most expensive gun that I hunt with is a Blaser R-93 Tracker in 308. Retail on the gun without the scope and mount is $4200.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don’t buy rifles to look at and store in my safe. They will all be used for hunting at one time or another...

Quick Reply: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.