HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Why Don't People Make Synthetic Stock Lever Actions??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/244352-why-dont-people-make-synthetic-stock-lever-actions.html)

ox1443 04-29-2008 06:16 PM

Why Don't People Make Synthetic Stock Lever Actions???

Hey how come browning and all the other companys can make wood stock lever actions guns but cant make synthetic stock lever actions that would be the coolest thing ever haha just wondering What ur 2 cents is on this!

Dominick 04-29-2008 06:28 PM

RE: Why Don't People Make Synthetic Stock Lever Actions???

Never crossed my mind but I'm sure the manufacturers thought about it. Maybe no demand. I rarely see lever actions at the range or in the field in my neck of the woods even though I own two myself.

huntingbuddy419 04-29-2008 07:24 PM

Lever actions are basically what won the west, they were all wood no plastic. I think that they want to keep that certain mystic about them. I have a Winchestor 30-30 that was made in 1949, I think it is the coolest gun I own.

SwampCollie 04-29-2008 07:45 PM

Anybody who would put a synthetic stock on an original Winchester 94 would teach his grandmother to suck eggs.

c j 04-29-2008 08:24 PM

I think Rossi/Puma has some synthetics on their 92 replicas.

8mm/06 04-29-2008 11:06 PM

There are after-market Synth stocks for win 94's and Marlin 336's if you really need/want one

eldeguello 04-30-2008 05:20 AM

Before they closed the plant, Winchester was making a version of the Model 94 with a plastic (or whatever) stock. I saw one in .444 Marlin once-the buttstock didn't even fit the frame correctly, and they wanted $400.00 for it new.....

Briman 04-30-2008 06:41 AM

I think that they want to keep that certain mystic about them.
Bingo! Leveractions have a sort of throwback obsolescentappeal to them. People hunt with them because its what their granddad used or what a trapper or hunter might have used 100 years ago. putting a synthetic stock on a levergun would be like making a replica trapdoor springfield with one.

oldelkhunter 04-30-2008 07:47 AM

Hey how come browning and all the other companys can make wood stock lever actions guns but cant make synthetic stock lever actions that would be the coolest thing ever haha just wondering What ur 2 cents is on this!

Would be like putting spinners on a new Porsche that's why

SwampCollie 04-30-2008 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Would be like putting spinners on a new Porsche that's why

Nah..... more like putting spinners on a Model T or a buckboard wagon.