Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best concealed >

Best concealed

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best concealed

Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Default Best concealed

What do you think is the best concealed pistol you could carry? Looking at things like caliber, auto/revolver, size, weight, power. Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Default RE: Best concealed

A tuned Colt 1911 modelwith two extra mags.......

.45ACP of course.....
Old 04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I trust and carry my Glock 23, that is a .40 caliber...Anything smaller I just don't trust in a semi...

I would also trust a .357 with a 4 inch barrel and 125 hollow points or a 1911 .45, with hard ball, no need for extra mags...As Mr Cooper said, you can stop a riot with 2 shots, into the first 2 guys...
Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The smallest gun that does the job, that isn't a chore to carry so that you'll actually carry it.

I purchased a Seecamp .380 and am getting decent with hitting my target consistently. I need to practice a lot more though. Those little guns are tough to shoot.

Tom
Old 04-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too many variables to pick one. Too much of an individual choice too. Kinda like asking what the best vehicle is for you and getting suggestions which will simply be what the responders use. What works for one might not work for another.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM

The best pistol for ME to carry, or for YOU to carry. It is really a personal decision. One of the most proven is a .357 revolver, but they are not real easy to conceal and some can't shoot them well enough.

Me personally for an open carry weapon I would pick a large frame .357 with a 6 inch barrel. For a concealed carry weapon I would go with a smaller more slim gun in 9mm with a single stack magazine design. Something like a S&W 908 or a Glock 26. I might even consider a .380 like a Walther or an older Colt Mustang.

If I had a job that required I carry gun like an open carry duty gun I would probably opt for a Browing High Power or a Glock compensated model in .40 cal.

Paul
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

I trust and carry my Glock 23, that is a .40 caliber...Anything smaller I just don't trust in a semi...

I would also trust a .357 with a 4 inch barrel and 125 hollow points or a 1911 .45, with hard ball, no need for extra mags...As Mr Cooper said, you can stop a riot with 2 shots, into the first 2 guys...
I have the G23 myself. How do you carry yours? I have a side holster but it bulges out of my shirt. I want to be the only one that knows I'm carrying. I've almost thought about getting a inside the pants holster. I guess thats what you call it. So it sits at the small of my back inside my jeans.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

For my back up weapon and CC piece, I use the Glock 27(40 S&W).
Old 04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a no brainer:

SW 340

Its lightweight, (under 3/4 of a pound empty). Highly concealable. Never jams. Chambered in .357 Mag its very potentent.

Due to being hammerless, and having the ability to keep your hand held high on the gun, it is very controlable (although its still not exactly fun to shoot, but neither was my Kimber Ultra CDP). Because its controlable and compact, it is one of the hardest guns to take away from someone, say if there was to be a struggle. A gentlman can keep it in the front pocket of his coat, and you don't even have to draw it to fire it. A lady can carry it in her handbag... same thing... no jams to worry about.

Most defensive shootings are at ranges of less than 12 feet.... thats about the length of a you average dining room table.

We aren't talking about law enforcement, or getting into a fire fight, so there is no need or point in weighing yourself down with all kinds of extra mags and spare ammo. If a gun is not comfortable to tote, then you aren't going to wear it.... not all the time... and if you don't have it... then its worse than worthless.

A semi-automatic, especially a 1911, takes a lot of practice to be proficient with. Once you are skilled with it, you can do things with it that you certainly cannot with a hammerless revolver. But folks who can do that are the exception, not the rule. I carried a 642 (the slightly heavier 38 +p version) for a couple of years, and now my mother actually carries it as she works in a rather bad part of town. Its replacement was a Kimber Ultra CDP that I carried when I worked in the gunshop everyday. It was comfortable to carry, though still a bit bulky (I'm a pretty skinny guy at 6'0 and 165#s). I had to dress around it of course and wear kinda baggy clothes and leave my shirt untucked to conceal it. Not really my style. I liked the fact that I could slide the hammerless in the front pocket of my shorts or Carhardts and not even have it profile.... and since its hammerless... it won't hang up coming out.

There is just no more perfect concealed carry weapon for your average individual.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

duc...I have a good outside holster as well, frankly I usually just stuff it inside my pants, under the belt on the back and either pull out the shirt tail or throw on a coat...I don't have to walk that far to work, I shove it in the bottom desk drawer when I get there...It stays in the truck where I can lay my hands on it when I leave work...

I'm 6' 5" and about 250, so it's easy for me to hide a pistol...

Quick Reply: Best concealed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.