Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka-Browning-Sako-Weatherby >

Tikka-Browning-Sako-Weatherby

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka-Browning-Sako-Weatherby

Old 04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Spike

Default Tikka-Browning-Sako-Weatherby

It appears that my safe has an empty spot to be filled ASAP LOL!Hey, isn't everyone looking for an excuse to buy a new rifle? My centerfire arsenal includes a Weatherby Mark V06, Browning BLR 308 and a Marlin 444. Probably will eventually sell the 308, but that will leave another empty spot for next year.

Anyway, so far the Tikka is tops on my list, same barrel as the Sakoat half the price with great accuracy. The A-bolt seems very well built and the weatherby is also nice. Which of these 4 rifles is popular on this site? As for caliber, I'm considering the 7mm mag for the Tikka since it only comes in one action length and I can't see the advantage of using a WSM. The others come in different actions so maybe a 270WSM or 300WSM. I still have yet to realize the full advantage of these WSM's but the 270 and 300 WSM's are likely to survive for many years to come, who knows?

My hunts involve mostly whitetails/hogs with a possible black bear/elk hunt in the future, so I don't want to buy a big magnum because I want to be able to use the rifle during deer season. My Weatherby and Browning have nice wood and still look new after 15 years due to the use of gun chaps but a comp/stainless model is more durable and forgiving in the field.

Opinions welcomed!

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM

Default RE: Tikka-Browning-Sako-Weatherby

Whatever you get I would consider the composite/stainless that you spoke about.I am going to buy one soon, probably the Browning X Bolt in .270
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know everyone loves these tikkas, but Ive yet to see one that looked good. Id get a sako over a tikka. beauty costs a few extra bucks I suppose. Less I'm missing something, have they come out with a better looking rifle? maybe some guys like how they look, not to me.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

A guy showed up at the range few weeks ago with a tikka. This is definitely a nice rifle.
I would probably buy a composite stock as opposed to wood. I know wood looks and feels better but the synthetic / composite stocks are less maintenance and do not warp in the field.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Get a browning or a tikka in 325 WSM or 300 WSM hey maybe a Browning X-Bolt will do u good!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for browning here.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Tikka t3 lite stainless. Great gun, easy to pack and shoot.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Spike

On many forums, Tikka seems toreceive 80% of the votes. I constantly read, " I had a Browning, sold it and bought a Tikka and never looked backed" or "you can buy two Tikka's for the price of one Sako and achieve the same accuracy", or "Tikka is the most accurate out of box rifle under $1k". I guess it must be true if so many owners seem to recommend it.

I never shot a Tikka but I did shoot the A-bolt. The A-bolt seems to be more solid and better built, maybe because it doesn't have as much plastic, likethe magazine and trigger guard. All composite stocks feel like a tools but they are the best to have in the field IMHO.

Thanks for the replys.

Still deciding

Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka does have a smooth action and may be accurate but I’ll pay the difference for Sako. The fit is better for me and feels more like a solid rifle when handling...
Old 04-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing about a Tikka......it damn sure aint a Sako.

Quick Reply: Tikka-Browning-Sako-Weatherby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.