Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I need a quiet 22 round. >

I need a quiet 22 round.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I need a quiet 22 round.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I need a quite 22 round.

A buddy of mine bought a Artic Cat snowmachine that wouldn,t run for next to nothing.Took off the muffler and a squirrel had crammed it full of seeds and nest material.Cleaned it out and it started first pull................he likes that squirrel! Harold
Old 04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

I have a box of Remington subsonics thunderbolts I think will they be quiet as the cci's. I haven't shot them yet.
No...They won't be as quiet as the CBs...
Old 04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

As nchawkeye has stated, the Remington subsonics will not be as quiet due to them having a powder charge, the CB's are only powered by the primimg compound in the rim.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Try the Aguila 60gr sub-sonic. Real quiet, plenty of power to cycle the action, and they hit like a ton of bricks.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

another vote for CCI CB longs or shorts...wish i could tell you how many coon we dropped outta the tree tops in someones back yard...theyd come out because the hounds were barkin and would say "heck ya kill that no good garbage eater!" coon falls...wed let the dog chew on it a little and go over and appologize once more and thank them for being understanding and theyd say "well you gunna shoot it or what" ive heard pellet rifles that are louder than CBs...

be careful though...they are still bullets and are still going to act like bullets and do what bullets do...just because they are quiet and lower powered doesnt make them a toy (i know i probably dont have to say that...but you never know whose reading and thinks "WOW! a way to make a 22 a toy gun!")
Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Spike

You're in Alabama - buy a suppressor/silencer. A suppressed .22 shooting subsonics will not only take care of your problem with no one the wiser, but it will also leave a grin on your face for years to come. Way too much fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...C/DSC_0188.jpg
Old 04-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

another vote for CCI CB longs or shorts...wish i could tell you how many coon we dropped outta the tree tops in someones back yard...theyd come out because the hounds were barkin and would say "heck ya kill that no good garbage eater!" coon falls...wed let the dog chew on it a little and go over and appologize once more and thank them for being understanding and theyd say "well you gunna shoot it or what" ive heard pellet rifles that are louder than CBs...

be careful though...they are still bullets and are still going to act like bullets and do what bullets do...just because they are quiet and lower powered doesnt make them a toy (i know i probably dont have to say that...but you never know whose reading and thinks "WOW! a way to make a 22 a toy gun!")
The houses aroind me are not real close but I am very selective on my shots I am not shooting any out og the trees only off the ground and with a good back stop. I got the CB's last night so we'll see what happens this afternoon.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to quiet a .22 down tape a 20 oz plastic coke bottle over the muzzle and shoot through it. It acts as a suppressor and is pretty quiet for about 3 shots then you have to change the bottle.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am thinking of using my sons paintball gun ..I doubt they ever come back in the yard after that thing wacks them and the ballsare ecologically friendly.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

To make the paintballs a little harder hitting you could store a bunch in the freezer. Getting hit with a frozen paintball would be like getting hit with a rock.

Quick Reply: I need a quiet 22 round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.