Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Source for Winchester Parts???? >

Source for Winchester Parts????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Source for Winchester Parts????

Old 02-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Source for Winchester Parts????

Does anybody have or know where to get parts for a Model 100 Winchester semi-auto?? I' m looking for an operating slide assembly and I' ve called most of the sites given on Winchester' s website and " No Joy" so far.
Apparently breaking this slide was a common problem with the gun and parts are few & far between - especially for a 1961 model like mine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 02-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Source for Winchester Parts????

Mark check with Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. www.e-gunparts.com
Customer Service (845)769-4867.They carry allot of obsolete parts and hard to find parts..
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ordered parts a couple of months ago for a Win. 101 , I dont know if they have semi-auto parts or not but you can look for your self.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/index.html

Heres a yahoo search I have saved in my list also

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Gun+parts+
Old 02-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

Try Bob' s Gun Parts. He has hard to find parts for some old guns like that M-100 Win.

http://www.gun-parts.com
Old 02-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the response guys.
Numrich & Bob' s were my 1st two stops on this quest - they' re out and they have no clue if the slide will ever be available. I reckon they' re just waiting for someone to junk one of these rifles. I now have an e-mail into Midwest Gunworks to see if they have any suggestions (or parts).

Here' s another thought to consider for anybody with any gunsmithing experience:
Is it possible to weld the arm on the slide back together and the piece still be safe to shoot? It has 2 arms on this slide (where it attaches to the bolt) and only 1 of them sheared off. It will probably work for a short time like it is, but if the other arm could be welded back on - it would buy it some more lifetime.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Mark Whiz,
where did the arm break at? Did it break up at the gas block? or down where it mates up with the bolt?
Old 02-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

1 Shot............

The right side slide sheared off on the bolt end, in between the 2 - 90degree bends the slide makes about 1.5" before the pin hole that holds the bolt to the slide.

An extensive amount of phone calls yesterday proved to me that such a replacement slide will never be available again. When Winchester discontinued making & carrying replacement parts for this model and sold all of their existing stock to independents - they had only 6 slide assemblies in their inventory.

One shop was supposedly selling re-welded slides.....but alas, they had none. So I figured if they could weld them..........so could I ! [] I talked to a local welder this morning and left it with him to work his magic. He figured TIG welding would get the job done...................so I guess I' ll find out tomorrow afternoon when he has it finished. This may or may not work..........but it can' t be any worse than being broken in the first place - can it?
Old 02-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mark I hope the TIG welding does the trick.It' s a shame the way parts become so rare and guns end up being scraped.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

uuuhhhmmm, lets see that would make the break just behind the operating handle, in theose two 90 degree bends. Tough place for a break. But is it broke in between the 2 90 degree turns it should be weldable. If the guy is a decent welder, TIG' ing should cure it. I don' t know how long it will last, it may last a life teim or it may last a few hundred shots. There is just no tellign about things like that. But unless as new or used replacement part can be found, you really had no choice but to have it welded.

Quick Reply: Source for Winchester Parts????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.