Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon Monarch vs. Leupold VX-III? >

Nikon Monarch vs. Leupold VX-III?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon Monarch vs. Leupold VX-III?

Old 04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
lts

Default RE: Nikon Monarch vs. Leupold VX-III?

hello, i have all nikon scopes on my rifles i thank they are some of the best scopes out there, they are rugged, clear, justed mounted a titanium 5.5x16.5x44 on my LTR 308 just love it, you cant go wrong with nikon,
Old 04-13-2008, 07:52 PM

i have 4 nikon scopes, only they are all the buckmaster line. but the are in my eyes better than the leupold in both clarity and in price.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Both are very good scope lines. I think you get a little more for the money with the Nikon. They also make a Monarch in 4-14x42mm. The Burris Signature Select 4-16x44mm is also a good one in this same price range.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

Seems like all of the scopes in that price range are of comparable quality/clarity/light gathering. I would try to get to a store right at dusk and go outside and look through them. That's really the only way that you can be sure you are getting the one that fits you the best.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

For that kind of money get a Ziess.

Do some low light comparisions and I think you'll agree that Leupolds are over rated.

Tom
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

For that kind of money get a Ziess.
That was the best suggestion so far

Do some low light comparisions and I think you'll agree that Leupolds are over rated.

The new VX-III's are equal or maybe a tad better then the Nikon.. I think the NIkon has better w/E adjustments. The Leupold has a better eyebox.
You can order a mulitcolored Leupoldscope thru the custom shopthat would make my day
Old 04-14-2008, 01:14 PM

I agree that Nikon is a good quality opitc...and they dohave a lifetime warranty; however,

I have a friendthat hada gun cabinetthat was submerged in saltwater for 2 weeks duringthe 2002 hurricanes. The guns didn't make it. He had 2 Leupold scopes in that gun cabinet. One (the newer model) had no leakage, the other (very old model) had water inside the scope. He sent it off to be repaired.....Leupold sent him a brand new VXIIscope - no charge except shipping.

American Companies help American citizens. For that kind of service, I'll gladly pay an extra $60.....even if I never require it.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a friendthat hada gun cabinetthat was submerged in saltwater for 2 weeks duringthe 2002 hurricanes. The guns didn't make it. He had 2 Leupold scopes in that gun cabinet. One (the newer model) had no leakage, the other (very old model) had water inside the scope. He sent it off to be repaired.....Leupold sent him a brand new VXIIscope - no charge except shipping.

Sounds like the story that made Leupold famous about the hunters rifle that fell in a river and was recovered a few years later with no water leak or should I say air leak. Maybe Leupold finally saw what it's competitors are doing in the CS department and came around. Nikon, Sightron and many others replace scopes . I will say this about Leupolds and that is if you have an old one they won't replace it or fix it without a substantial charge.

American Companies help American citizens. For that kind of service, I'll gladly pay an extra $60.....even if I never require it.
I despise Chinese products and would rather go with iron sights then with a chinese scope but Leupolds scopetubes are made here everything else is imported. Their rangefinders are made in China.Zeiss conquests are assembled here and the parts come from overseas. WHat is the difference?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep..pretty hard to find anything all-American now..nearly impossible. Shepherd (?) the only all America scope? So with all things being equal CS will put one company over the top.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM

Ignore the name on the scope and the price.
Sounds to me like you've already picked the Nikon for it's features. (3 - 12X)

A short story: I went to Cabellas a few years ago to buy a Leupold for my new .300 Win Mag. Leupold because "it's simply the best!".
Wrong. Cabelas has a rifle stock that allows you to put 2 scopes on it at once so you can A/B 2 together for accurate comparison. The Nikon blew me away. Much clearer, sharper, BRIGHTER imsage than the Leupold. Was shocking and really no comparison. Only question was, "How will the Nikon hold up on a shoulder buster like the .300?"
Still on the gun with ZERO problems since.
And I saved some money too. So go with the Nikon, you won't be dissapointed.
I was so impressed that I have a nikon spoting scope, binoc's and range finder!

Quick Reply: Nikon Monarch vs. Leupold VX-III?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.