Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Anyone own a Ruger Number 1 in SS >

Anyone own a Ruger Number 1 in SS

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone own a Ruger Number 1 in SS

Old 04-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone own a Ruger Number 1 in SS

Anyone own one of these. I know where one exists that is chambered in 7 STW and the price is almost too good to pass up. I am guessing it will go thru the BWWK transaction process. I figure for the price if it is shot out or a non shooter that I can rebarrel it to anything and probably even go with a 28" barrel since it will still have a reasonable overall length.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone own a Ruger Number 1 in SS

I have one in 405 Win. It is a real pretty rifle and shoots well. Mine is the tropical version so its a might heavy. It has a pretty good trigger too.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Don't own one but sure would like too. My brother has a blued one in 7mm mag and it is a very nice looking and handling gun.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Spike

Just picked one up in 7mm-08 in stainless. Haven't fired it yet. Am looking forward to it. My first and hopefully not my last #1. Maybe a 405 down the road.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

What is the benefit/appeal to a single shot rifle?

I don't need a 5 shot clip, but a few shots/bolt is nice, I mean I just like to have 1 or 2 rounds ready to go, esp if it were for dangerous game, though even for non dangerous.

Ruger #1, are a step up in wood grade etc...right? I wish they would make their other rifles with a higher grade option as well....

Old 04-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is the benefit/appeal to a single shot rifle?
It puts the meaning back into picking your shots carefully

don't need a 5 shot clip, but a few shots/bolt is nice, I mean I just like to have 1 or 2 rounds ready to go, esp if it were for dangerous game, though even for non dangerous.
Some people will say that bolts don't have enough followup speed and are slow to operate, I havenever been charged by a Deer or an Elk but it might happen one day I have used single shot bows, muzzleloaders on them without even thinking of a followup shot. Dangerous game is one reason a lot of African hunters both clients and professiionals carry double rifles.

Ruger #1, are a step up in wood grade etc...right? I wish they would make their other rifles with a higher grade option as well....

Their latest rifles have very average wood although the occasional specimen gets by. They used to sell their Safari rifles that had Circassian walnut. Industry wide trend.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Own for #1's but all blued/wlanut. just get no excitementabout the stainless models. Such a classic design really should have the clasic look of ncie blued steel and nice warm walnut. I can see the benefit if one was continually to use the rifle in wet/imclement weather but otherwise...

All that aid, I likely will buy the upcoming ss/walnut in .250 Savage just because of it's chambering.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the next one on the "buy list". I like the 1A's, and I'm hunting a .243 with extra nice wood. I just don't think the stainless versions are as purty. Good luck tho. The #1's are definately the cats meow.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

All that aid, I likely will buy the upcoming ss/walnut in .250 Savage just because of it's chambering.
When is this #1 coming out? Will it be chambered in other offerings?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wayspr

When is this #1 coming out? Will it be chambered in other offerings?
It's a distributor edition due from Lipsey's out late summer/early fall. The last few years have had ss/walnut models each in a different chambering. I believe past oens were in .35 Whelen and 7.62x39 but not 100% on that last one. the also usually offer non-cataloged variations in blued/wlanut as well. Such as AH or AB configurations. Check Lipsey's site under thier "exclusives" for whatever they're currently offering.

Quick Reply: Anyone own a Ruger Number 1 in SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.