Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Do you save your brass? >

Do you save your brass?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.
View Poll Results: A poll
I save brass and reload
62.50%
I save brass but don't reload
33.33%
I don't save brass
4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Do you save your brass?

Old 03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you save your brass?

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

ORIGINAL: ox1443

i dont reloud i save my brass and then i just sell it on ebay or somthin haha theres always people willing to buy that stuff haha
HAHA brilliant! When you fire a shot then throw out the once-fired case, you are throwing away 75% of what that round cost you, genius!! HAHA! I scrounge ALL the brass at my range that some genius tossed out, HAR HAR!! His loss is my profit!!
I saved brass YEARS before I started reloading. I still save brass, even for chamberings I don't even own, much less reload. I don't sell them, though. I just think they're worth keeping because you never know, someday I might have a gun in that cartridge or a friend might (or, in some cases, the friend already does, but doesn't reload)

Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you save your brass?

I save all my brass, and reload. Although I do still buy a lot of new brass. I haven't reloaded a once fired case for a few years now, just never have the time to clean up the used brass, and prep it. I have probably close to 4000 once fired 243 cases, 1500 7mm Rem Mag, 3500-4000 223 cases, etc etc etc.

I did buy a bunch of once fired brass on Ebay once for my 7mm for a dirt cheap price one time. Got 250rds of Federal cases, for $14.00 shipped!

Once I get my new house, I will have all my loading equipment at my dispososal, and all my once fired cases will be ready to go then. Right now my reloading setup is in my grandma's basement.