Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 CC Recommendation >

CC Recommendation

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CC Recommendation

Old 03-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default CC Recommendation

Hey guys would like to get your input on a CC pistol. I have an XD 40 (service) and a pocket 25 ACP. I also have a full sized 9mm. I am getting my CC Permit but will not be carrying most of the time. I'm looking for something to have for those times that I'm going some wherethat I feel I need something on my person. (please don't start the argument of "you should carry 100% or never"). In those cases concealability will be the overiding criteria (not caliber). I'm OK w/ any caliber from .380 up, but it needs to be in a gun that I can conceal and shoot. I've looked at the Kel-tec P38T and it seems to be on the small end of what I would look for, but definitely has the concealability factors I'm looking for.I've also looked at the Bersa Thunder CC and it is probably on the larger end of what i would concider being comfortably concealable.I know that small size limits the # of rounds and that it will have an impact of caliber. I do prefer SA or DA to DA/SA, but would adapt for the right fit.

Anyway, with out getting into a caliber debate or carry don't carry debate, do you all have any recommendations of pistols that I should look into?

Spud
Old 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: CC Recommendation

Smith and Wesson 340, 442, 642
Old 03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

BB, thanks! I'll look into these.

spud
Old 03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Smith and Wesson 340, 442, 642
Great suggestions. I have had my CHL since 1995 and have carried or tried to carry numerous handguns, and concealability has alway been an issue. I finally settled on a S&W M38 airweight bodyguard. I can conceal and carry it all day and actually forget that I have it on me.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at Kahrs
Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

2nd vote for a smith airweight revolver. Shrouded hamer or hammerless.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Glock 27 when I am off duty. It is very easy to conceal. IMO for most people to effectively conceal a weapon you must dress for it. Ifyour setup is uncomfortable, you will probably wind up not carrying. You must also buy a quality holster(most likely an IWB holster) and a good quality belt. You obviously can't buy these items at WalMart and they are not going to come cheap. I personally like CompTac & Bladetech kydex holsters and there are several excellent leather holster makers with links on the web.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I 2nd on the Glocks, I carry a M30 45acp in a Mitch Rosens Express LineIWB, most of the time I wear a shirt untucked, but have the abillity to go deep cover and have the shirt tucked in due to the J hook belt holder. I find my Glock easier to conceal than most wheel guns, it takes up the same amount of space as my wifes Charter Arms Undercover and the butgrip doesnt print near as much. Though I hope I will never need them!,I like the idea of haveing more rounds in the mag than just settelling for five or six.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a S&W Model 60 I carry most of the time in a S&W shoulder rig or in the waist band.I I carried in the waist band I would pot for the Hammerless or Shrouded model. Another vote for the"J" frames.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant recomend any one handgun for you because alot depends on how you dress,you need to fined a handgun that fits you.We can all tell you what we carry but those might not work for you......Do you wear your shirt tucked in or untucked,do you wear a dress jacket or no jacket do you plan on CCW IWB,OWB,SOB,Shoulder holster,do you work in a office ?.Remember when you decide to carry you dont want to make a big change in how you normaly dress,if you all of a sudden change your dress style that could raise a few eyes and alot of ?'s......Myself Ive carried Colt,S&W,Kahr,Glock and out of all these differant ones Ive settled with the
S&W 908 9mm OWB in the winter due to the fact I always have a jacket or sweater on but in the summer I go with a shoulder holster because I wear a short sleve button up shirt tucked in and sometimes a IWB with my T-shirts/polo shirts because I dont tuck thos in...
I can carry with what ever dress style I go with and nobody even knows that Iam CCW because this is how Ive dressed for 20+ yrs.
Check and shootalot of differant handguns and try alot of differantholsters to find one that fits your lifestyle and Remember its a BIG decision to make and alot of soul searching to make when you decide to CCW....
FYI..My wife and children dont even know if Iam CCW not unless they see me putting it on witch dosnt happen very often.

Go out and look at all the differant ones that have been posted, good luck and be carefull....

Quick Reply: CC Recommendation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.