Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Replacement Stocks >

Replacement Stocks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Replacement Stocks

Old 03-17-2008, 06:28 PM

Default Replacement Stocks

ok im about to purchase a mossberg atr 100 in .308 and i was wondering if i desided to change the stock on it what would be a compatable stock i have been looking around on the net but i havent found anything so just post up some info either way im getting the rifle and, i was also wondering if a stock is found how hard would it be to replace considering the barrel is free floating
Old 03-17-2008, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Replacement Stocks

come one folks input i need input lol and also could i get a trigger job done on it and how much would the average cost be and also would a 4-16x50mm scope be to big for it to sit ontop of the rifle and if thats the case im gonna go with a 4-16x40mm i really want a 20x + magnification scope but i dont have that kind of dough atm. so help me out folks.. and also help me with the stock question to

Old 03-18-2008, 03:26 PM

man you guys are extremly helpfull NOT.. i thought that this might be a place where people would help each other out and share information but man from what im seeing this isnt much help at all.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why don't you try giving it more than one evening. While your at it check out Midwayusa.com, Cabelas.com, Midsouthshooterssupply.com and you may find what your looking for.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Spike

1. Please use proper punctuation and sentence structure. It is hard to read posts that are one continuous run-on sentence.

2. Please organize your thoughts a bit better. Your subject is asking about a stock, then you're talking about trigger jobs and scopes. A new thread should be started for each new subject if you want to solicit good info.

3. Give a new thread more than 24 hrs. before bashing the people you are asking for help.

4. The search is your friend! Click the "Search The Forum" above and try different key words. I usually start very specific (e.g. "mossberg atr 100 stock", then get less and less specific until I find what I'm looking for). I do this on google.com searches as well.

So back to stocks. I have a thread going currently about this very subject but what I'm looking at is mostly custom.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2707003

A search for "stocks" came up with 4 pages of results. Click here.

Are you looking for OEM replacement, something semi-custom or fully custom? Do you want standard wood, exotic wood, laminate, thumbhole, composite, etc., etc.? Do you want to order it or do you want to walk in somewhere and buy it? More info is needed.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would give mossberg a call. also get in touch with a local gunsmith on the trigger job. it might void the warranty or may not even be adjustable. good luck!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 PM

Hi,this isa alora.Penny stocks are those share offerings that get offered to share

investors by a company, which is either too small or too new to be

listed with dominant stock exchanges. These stocks attract a large

number of investors, as even a low investment can help you participate

in the initial stages. However, you must remember that there is an

equal possibility of their value going down to nothing. Attraction to

such types of stocks is mainly due to the fact that despite the

involved risks, you can come out with large returns.
==========
alora
Stock Market
Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 AM

shoot the rifle first. it may be quite accurate as is and you won't need a stock or trigger work. if you want a replacement stock, check those mentioned above as they are a great starting point. call a company named mcmillan and see if they offer a replacement. as for a scope, a good 4x, 6x, or 3x9x40might do all youwant todo with a 308. obviously there are other scopes out there, but would you take advantage of their higher magnification (and weight) hunting as you plan? look in the yellow pages for gunsmiths. call a few and ask if they can either lighten or add a replacement trigger. expect to spend 80-120.00 for a replacement trigger, and that is if they are even offered for the mossberg. good luck.

imo, you would be money ahead to look in some gunshop for a used remington model 700.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Mossberg ATR is not a common rifle,and as such,there will be a very small selection of aftermarket stocks,if in fact there are any at all available.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Spike

http://www.natchezss.com/