Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My Taurus Nightmare (Updated) >

My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Old 03-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My Taurus Nightmare

ORIGINAL: statjunk

It's amazing what a low price will do. I just don't get some of the penny pintching that goes on when folks are buying guns. I fall subject to it sometimes but not on stuff like a pistol.

BT, If you could buy a Taurus after reading this post I'd be pretty surprised.

Tom
Well for my use.. I wanted it to keep in the car.. But I don't want to keep a 1,000 1911 in the car in case it gets stolen.. Those type guns stay in the safe..
Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 PM

Tom
I would stay away from the higher pressure calibers and probably limit it to a .357. I recently sold most of my guns and now I'm down to one handgun(Glock 26). If I take off for two weeks on a float trip down the Buffalo, I have to leave the Glock with the wife. I'm not going to take a nice brand new pistol on that trip. A cheap revolver has it's uses.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 PM

I am very happy with my pt145 mil-pro, 1000rds through it now, had a few FTF early on, Now shoots life a dream (goes Bang when I pull the trigger) great night stand pistol at home
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 AM

My PT-1911 is a fantastic pistol. Literally perfect out of the box. In fact, every Taurus I've been around has been very good pistols. Ruger and all the rest of the gun manufactures crank out some POS now and then. Ruger does it with frightening regularity. And most of them very seldom get in any hurry about fixing their screw ups either. The Taurus factory of today is far different from what they started with. In fact it's as modern as anything out there.

I'm not a bit afraid of their pistols.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 AM

I have had 2 Taurus's a pt 22 POS traded it off as soon as it got back from the factory the 3rd time
I still have a mod 94 2" barreled 22 stainless that is a good gun I see a lot of taurus autos getting sent back
Old 03-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Tom
I would stay away from the higher pressure calibers and probably limit it to a .357. I recently sold most of my guns and now I'm down to one handgun(Glock 26). If I take off for two weeks on a float trip down the Buffalo, I have to leave the Glock with the wife. I'm not going to take a nice brand new pistol on that trip. A cheap revolver has it's uses.
Yeah like not firing when you need it to.

Tom
Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Hmm, I've got a 445ti in 44 special, it is working fine for me. Only problem I've had was the cylinder would bind up after a reload, come to find out that a fleck of powder got under the extractor star and because the cylinder/barrel fit was so tight that little fleck of powder caused the cylinder to bind, so I just check to see if it is clean when I eject shells and no more problems.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM

I'll take a Taurus over a Ruger any day.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have or have had about twenty Taurus handguns. One was a lemmon the rest were perfect. I have a Ultra lite 44 mag now that I wouldn't trade for anything. Their QC is not good, you either get a good one or a bad one. I had six of the PT models while competition shooting, none of them ever missed a lick. I had the 8 shot 357 Mag for a while. The cylinder would lock up. I sent it back and it returned the same way. The dealer gave me a full refund for it.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

so far i have only had one Taurus, and i love it. i bought a PT1911 and it hasn't had a ftf, fte or any other problems. granted i have only put about 600 through it so far, half of that being factory and the other being low end reloads that i load so anyone can shoot it. imo they are good guns now. i cant speak about thier past guns and i cant say much about thier new ones. yet, that is.

Quick Reply: My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.