Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My Taurus Nightmare (Updated) >

My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Man I used to be a big fan. But in the last 6 months I have purchased the Taurus 45/410 that had to be sent back to have the cylinder realigned, and then 2 weeks ago I bought the 24/7 in 40 and now it is on the way back for a weak firing pin.. So now I have to wait another 3 months to get this one back. I just don't and won't have any confidence in thier products after this.. [:@]

Updated.. 4/17/09

Well got the 24/7back today.. The spec sheet problem said "Gun Dirty" resolution said "Cleaned and Adjusted" I am so mad I can't even begin to explain. The gun was not dirty.. I bought it new and it had less than 50 rounds thru it.. I didn't even get thru the first clip before it miss fired. I'll take it out again this weekend. But I can't imagine "Cleaning and Adjusting" is going to correct my problem [:@]
Old 03-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Taurus Nightmare

I keep telling folks around here but people dismiss it.

I sent in a PT-111 Milenium because this brand new gun shot 4 feet low and a foot or two to the left. Seriously this is not an exaggeration.

I sent it in for repair and they sent it back after bending the barrel straight. The dang barrel is about 1.25" long. It never functioned the same and the barrel was getting marred by the slide.

Taurus is a freakin joke.

Tom
Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I keep telling folks around here but people dismiss it.

I sent in a PT-111 Milenium because this brand new gun shot 4 feet low and a foot or two to the left. Seriously this is not an exaggeration.

I sent it in for repair and they sent it back after bending the barrel straight. The dang barrel is about 1.25" long. It never functioned the same and the barrel was getting marred by the slide.

Tom
May be a joke, but not a very funny one! The ONLY Taurii (is that the plural of taurus??) I have any experience with has been two Raging Bulls in .454 Casull. Both are excellent in all respects. But then, I've had pretty good luck with Ruger products also, and a lot of people seem to have had different experiences with those too.....
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally a man that has seen the light! I wouldn't take 20 Taurus's for a (fill in the blank!)
Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

I've got two Taurus'. I have an older .357 revolver and a new model 58 .38 concealed hammer. The second time I shot the snubby the firing pin broke. So that one is going back. I love my .357 though. It's probably my favorite gun. I haven't quite given up on them yet. Not happy though.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Simp

Finally a man that has seen the light! I wouldn't take 20 Taurus's for a (fill in the blank!)
Unfortunetly seeing the light cost me about $400. At least the girl from the poltergeist got to see it for free.

Tom
Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM

I had a Taurus Tracker for a while. The rear sight broke, and I sent it in for repair. While they did fix it at no cost, it took them 97 days to complete the job. And from what I have heard from others, that is the norm and not the exception. I will never own another one. Again, it wasn't that something broke. All firearms can break. It is the fact at how long there lead time is with there repairs that turn me off.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple years ago I bought the wife a Taurus Snubby38 spl ultra light for her CCW gun. I can't even remember the model number.First time out we fired this POS.After a couple shots I realized the cylinder wouldn't lock up on a couple of the chambers. I took it back to the dealer the following day. He shipped back to Taurus, A few weeks later it got back. I traded it in on a S&W model 637.I got back what I had paid for it,Smith was running a sale or special on them. It was 100.00 off.For a few bucks more I got a Smith over a foreign made Taurus POS..I would never own another Taurus

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Their older revolvers were awful, then a few years ago I noticed their quality was better. Maybe they got better steel. None of the autos I have seen were anything special. They made a decent 1911 clone for a while, but I haven't handled a new one. I might consider a Taurus revolver, but I would leave their other stuff alone.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's amazing what a low price will do. I just don't get some of the penny pintching that goes on when folks are buying guns. I fall subject to it sometimes but not on stuff like a pistol.

BT, If you could buy a Taurus after reading this post I'd be pretty surprised.

Tom

Quick Reply: My Taurus Nightmare (Updated)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.