Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage >

Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Old 03-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

I'm becoming jealous as seems to be an awefullot of out of the box/factory ammo shooter that shoot MOA or less on the south side of the 49th. Always knew we were getting screwed on the prices up herebut didn't realize we also were getting the seconds[]!Or maybe we just can't shoot as well up here. Something as my experience doesn't mirror most here. If you get 1.5" groups out of youroutof the box rifle and off the shelf ammo you should be pleased. Shooting 1" or less groups consistently is good and I just haven't seen it be the norm likeother have here. The only 1" out of the box rifle/factory ammoI own is a 17hmr. I own several others but they have all been tweaked and load developed to equal or better MOA. Just my experience.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Spike

skeeter 7MM.I have had several guns that did not shoot 1.5" or better and sold them.I went thru three slugs guns before getting one that would shoot 2" or less.I have no use for inaccurate guns.Cost more to shoot an inaccurate gun because always trying to get the gun too shoot better.The Tikka T3 seems to shoot everything well.The A-Bolt only shoots two different brands less than an inch.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

Last week several of us gave you very good advice on what to do. I in particular went in quite a bit of detail on how to manage the recoil.

This question has already been answered. It doesn't matter how many different ways you ask it the answers will be the same. Go pick a rifle.

Maybe its because its monday, but my BS tolerance is very low today. Browning, Tikka, Savage, ALL GOOD RIFLES.

Don't want a light rifle, stop looking at rifles in plastic stocks. If the recoil is too stout on a 7.5# rifle I gave you perfectly good advice on how to manage it. Whether or not you pay any attention is none of my concern.
+1

My advise after reading the multiple threads that you have started. Find a gun that you like to look at while its in your hands, and get it in a non-mag. Anyone who is trying to justify a larger gun by: putting lead in the stock, break, boss, pad, sled, leaning up against a tree, or marbles in there breeches, while shooting it is going to do absolutely nothing to help you become a better shooter. Get a gun that fits you in a .06, put some decent glass on it so you can see what you got it pointed at, and shoot a couple hundred rounds through it. Save you coins for a couple more years and when your ready to purchase that big, bad boy, you will have a great back-up rifle that you will enjoy shooting and probably will use most of the time.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Shooting 1" or less groups consistently is good and I just haven't seen it be the norm likeother have here. The only 1" out of the box rifle/factory ammoI own is a 17hmr. I own several others but they have all been tweaked and load developed to equal or better MOA. Just my experience.
+1

Though we both know that people shoot better online than they do at the range, don't we!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

I'm becoming jealous as seems to be an awefullot of out of the box/factory ammo shooter that shoot MOA or less on the south side of the 49th. Always knew we were getting screwed on the prices up herebut didn't realize we also were getting the seconds[]!Or maybe we just can't shoot as well up here. Something as my experience doesn't mirror most here. If you get 1.5" groups out of youroutof the box rifle and off the shelf ammo you should be pleased. Shooting 1" or less groups consistently is good and I just haven't seen it be the norm likeother have here. The only 1" out of the box rifle/factory ammoI own is a 17hmr. I own several others but they have all been tweaked and load developed to equal or better MOA. Just my experience.
X3
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

My browning bar .270 shoots way sub-moa, browning abolt .300 win mag shoots right around 1 moa.

Personally nowadays I expect a rifle to shoot 1 moa or less with factory ammo. I haven't done any trigger jobs etc....

Buy a nice rifle and find factory ammo it shoots well, I think expecting 1 moa isn't asking too much. certainly less than 1.5 moa

Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 PM

Oh ok thanx guys i made my dissions it either gonna be a browning A-Bolt or a Tikka deluxe Tikka Laminated/stainless or a Tikka Hunter
Old 03-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

If a rifle ain't accurate-it doesn't interest me. That's why if I like something,that means it either shoots darn good out of box-or needs very little work to do so.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh ok thanx guys i made my dissions it either gonna be a browning A-Bolt or a Tikka deluxe Tikka Laminated/stainless or a Tikka Hunter

Wow glad you have it narrowed down to 3 guns
Old 03-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Opinions are OK, but I decide myself on which Rifle to buy. I sure wouldn't base my decision by an Online survey. Most rifles shoot better than their shooters. On a good day I shoot 3/4" groups at 100 yds. with factory loads with my Savage. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Browing Vs Tikka Vs Savage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.