Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 relocating to texas >

relocating to texas

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

relocating to texas

Old 02-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Spike

Default relocating to texas

me and the wife may be splitting up, and if so, i will be moving down to south texas from wisconsin. i will be taking all my guns and wondered what i will have to do with them when i get down there. will i have to register them or is it like in wisconsin were you dont have to do anything?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: relocating to texas

Other than stopping off to pay me a small fee there is nothing you have to do. Just make sure they are clean as we don't like dirty guns in Texas.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Spike

ill be heading to the mission/mcallen area right on the rio grande. is there any public hunting land down there or will i have to lease or buy my own?
looked on the web but couldnt find anything on public hunting way down there.
also i heard they changed some law in texasas far as being able toshoot criminalsthat trespass or robbers and crooksthat if they are on your property its open game, shoot to kill!! is that true?
my brother just had a trailer stolen from his fenced yard and he doesnt own a gun, but said if he did, and if he would of heard the crooks, he wouldnt have to call the cops till after he shoot the basturds and it would be legal!!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

There is some public land to hunt in Texas but most is private. Due to most land being private and the prices going sky high, the little bit of public land gets a lot of pressure.

Texas' criminal laws protect you as far as protecting your property with deadly force but the liberal courts in many counties will destroy you on the civil side of the law.

There's really no property worth taking a human life over.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: kelbro

Sure there is. Everything I own is worth more to me than a scumbag thiefs life.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: A5Mag12

Agreed. If you didnt buy it or own it, its not yours.If a thiefthinks they can freely take something that somebody else worked hard for and earned, well.......the gene pool needed thinning anyways.

Here in Texas, its understood that most people have weapons in their home, and if a thief comes into a home, he is most likely gonna have a few barrels pointed at him. If a theif is willing to try and steal from ahome owner while knowing this, then they are accepting the consequences.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Gangly

ORIGINAL: A5Mag12

Agreed. If you didnt buy it or own it, its not yours.If a thiefthinks they can freely take something that somebody else worked hard for and earned, well.......the gene pool needed thinning anyways.

Here in Texas, its understood that most people have weapons in their home, and if a thief comes into a home, he is most likely gonna have a few barrels pointed at him. If a theif is willing to try and steal from ahome owner while knowing this, then they are accepting the consequences.
Too many people think the question is "Am I willing to kill someone over my TV". The real question is "are you willing to die over my TV".
Old 02-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep in mind though, that the courts are far more "liberal" in South Texas than anywhere else in the state.

As far as bringing guns to Texas, buddy, the more you've got, the happier we are to see you...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: balde

me and the wife may be splitting up, and if so, i will be moving down to south texas from wisconsin. i will be taking all my guns and wondered what i will have to do with them when i get down there. will i have to register them or is it like in wisconsin were you dont have to do anything?
Unlike many yankee jurisdictions, in Texas a man is free......... But a permit is required to carry a concealed handgun.

Thre are a couple of National Forests in East Texas, but NOT any close to you! I would consider going to New Mexico or Colorado for hunting. Plenty of public land in both of those states, and some good hunting. I like the Gila and Pecos Wildernesses in NM and the White River National Forest in CO.....
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Spike

i dont want to come off as if im hunger to kill human varmints, but where i live now i dont even lock my doors and i dont ever worry about thiefs as most people here are good, but its a different world down there than what im use to. when ive gone to visit ive been worned to lock everything and i also see that people are very hungry and jobs are few and some have to resort to stealing in order to have things they cant afford. the last thing i wanna do is kill someone! but if me or my belongings are in danger i wont be scared to blow off a knee or 2. i also havea pairamerican bulldogs that i plan on breedingthat will be comingwith which will scare most varmint away!! but ive been told they as well may be stolen if they are friendly! dont know if im ready for that life style! i guess im gonna have change my trusting ways if im gonna servive there!!!

Quick Reply: relocating to texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.