Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 relocating to texas >

relocating to texas

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

relocating to texas

Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 AM

Default RE: relocating to texas

Balde, I know exactly what you are going through. The medical term for her problem is Pre-Senile Dementia." Many middle age women simply go crazy and go off on religious binges or start pursuing other idiotic causes in some bizarre attempt to find "fulfillment." I went thru it with my X. After 23 years of marriage she twisted off into some wild religion and she got and still is crazy as an outhouse rat.

I HAD to get away from her or she would have made me as crazy as she was.

Men go through something similar the day they look in the mirror and see their own mortality looking back at them. They usually run to the nearest younger woman who will pay them any attention and help create the illusion that they are still young, dashing men.

Both problems usually end in marital disaster.[&o] Few men or women ever snap out of it until way too late.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Texas is as gun friendly as it gets! Look at Katrina and look at Rita!
Katrina = looting, killing & raping!
Rita= Well, have you heard of ANY looting, killing & raping? NO! In fact, the authorities in most areas said, if there were any problems, they only wanted to hear one side of the story! = dead looters can tell no lies!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jag,
During Rita, I had two generators, 150 gallons of gas that we brought back from Arkansas after we evacuated. Every night for 3 weeks, you could hear the sound of generators as far as the ear could here. We had just watched what happened in New Orleans, and along with the gas I bought 10 boxes of buckshot for the double barrel. I was ready for anything. Even with the light of the generators, it was extremely dark at night up here in Hardin county. I'm sure everyone was armed like I was. I did not hear one gunshot, nor did I hear of anything stolen.

I hope we never have to go through that again.

balde,
Bring the guns, heck maybe Texas might even be good for you and the wife.

C. Davis
Old 03-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Border towns ain't no place to be.
[/b]

This is good advice! The whole state of TX is pretty much overrun with illegals (as are a lot of others) these days, and they aren't all honest job-seekers! Some are the worst of the worst! And you'll probably not have the luxury of dealing with them ONE OR TWO AT A TIME!! This is one time I would seriously consider getting something like an AR or other military-type fast-shooter.

There are probably some relatively safe areas still available down there, but the closer to the border, the worse it gets. Some of the stories being told by landowners near the border these days would curl your hair!!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: balde

oh ya! she says she thinks shes going through a midlife crisisand doesnt know what she want! women sure know how to turn a mans life upside down and then blame it on sh!t like a midlife crisis! what the f--k is that!!!!
told her she need to sh!t or get the f--k off the toilet!!!!
How old is she? Some women get menopausal a lot earler in life than others, and when their hormones are seriously out of balance, they can go "bonkers", and about all a man can do when this happens is try to understand what's happening (no male can actually undertand!!), and try to be supportive! This is tough to do, unless you are at least partially deaf!! BTDT!! This happened to me and my first wife, and it didNOT end well.....
Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Spike

she turning 40 this may!!!! but my plans are changing!! even if she goes to counseling im still going to move to texas, but i aint gonna live on the river! my plans noware either san antoinio or austins or somewhere in between!! better climate! plus more jobs and opportunity! now my family in mcallen claim that if i move there they will also move to where im at as they are also fed up with the heat and the bordertown! ive also come to the concusion that if she love me, she will follow as a good wife and if she dont then so be it!! [deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you;He will never leave you nor forsake you.] gotta go now! late for chuch!!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 AM

I live in San Antonio and unless you move into crime ridden section of town, you won't have any problem here. Frankly, I doubt counseling will help your wife's condition. If you're ready to move.....move.

The only place in Texas where crime is really crazy along a few border towns like Laredo. Every big city has "bad areas." San Antonio, Houston, Etc are no different. Avoid the SW part of San Antonio. Don't think of Texas as a war zone. That's certainly an exaggeration. By and large the state is very law abiding.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pavomesa

I live in San Antonio and unless you move into crime ridden section of town, you won't have any problem here. Frankly, I doubt counseling will help your wife's condition. If you're ready to move.....move.

The only place in Texas where crime is really crazy along a few border towns like Laredo. Every big city has "bad areas." San Antonio, Houston, Etc are no different. Avoid the SW part of San Antonio. Don't think of Texas as a war zone. That's certainly an exaggeration. By and large the state is very law abiding.
I've only been tothree or four cities in the world that I really liked: Santa Fe, NM,Hong-Kong China, San Fransisco CA, and San Antonio TX. SA is a great place!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was going to live somewhere in the south central part of Texas, I would go somewhere like Kerrville, Fredricksberg, Llano, Ingram, or Hunt. Small places, but you might be able to get a piece of land for what you would buy a house for in San Antonio or Austin. Those places are part of the "Hill Country" and Kerrville, Ingram, and Hunt are close enough to the Guadalupe River headwaters. Beautiful places with a lot of animals.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Spike

i like that! as i am a humble man and would rather live in a smaller community with a chunk of land. i was born and raiseby chicago but couldnt deal with all the bs big cities have to offer! another reasonwhy i ended up in oshkosh wisconsin. its very peacefull here andi love fishing and there is lots of good water up here.aswell, i love hunting theres lots of big bucks up here too. i will miss it. so, to help the transition, i think the northern suburbs of san antonio will be a good place to start looking!
i plan on hopping in the truck on friday morning and going on a road trip! i figure its a good 19-20 hr drive! ill get to the area find a place to rest and clean up. thenstart monday morning delivering resumes and checking out the neighberhoods. will definatly be checking out the hill country!
im in the building trade sorta[contractor sale] and a few years back i opened my own garage door company and hire subs for the labor and its doing good. but if i can do it here, then i can do it there! once ifine a good book keeper!
is there alot of new construction in that area?
also how is the san marcos area?
p.s i do have that 10 gun minimun!!!one is a mac90 w/plenty of extra 30clips and round for varnint & protection!!!and i still need a couple more guns, like a good pistol and a bolt action!!

once again, thank yall!! for the support!!!
heck, who needs a counseler!!
with the LORD anda bunch of good Texens around,ima be O.K!!!
once i get rid of that damnchicago accent!!!!

Quick Reply: relocating to texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.