Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Problems finding lefthand rifle - XCR >

Problems finding lefthand rifle - XCR

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Problems finding lefthand rifle - XCR

Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Spike

Default Problems finding lefthand rifle - XCR

My local GS can't seem to get there hands on a Remington XCR .30-06 left hand bolt and none are appearing in gunbroker.com. Anyone know why?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Problems finding lefthand rifle - XCR

I couldnt find one at any online retailers, either out of stock, or not listed.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

New for 08' somaybe they haven't hit the retailers yet.

I was hoping they include a 338 wm, seeing they don't offer a 338 wm in any LH model currently, but nope[:-]! I can't understand why they deceided toat leastinclude a 300 other then a RUM(if popularity is their reasoning they skipped over a couple who are more popular then the RUM).

They could all learn from Tikka who just keep adding southpaw cartirdges to the T3 line up after forgetting about us for a few production years.

Anyways hope you find one
Old 02-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Spike

I am actually right handed but due to a head injury when I was 10 years old, I can not close my left eye and open the right eye at the same time so I have always shot rifles left handed. This makes finding good rifles hard to find. I have always relied on autos but want the accuracy of a bolt action. I'm dead set on the Remington products for a bolt action.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 PM

Have you given any thought to shooting a Right handed rifle, left handed. Might SOUND funny, but thing about it. When you are in the prone, or shooting off a bench, you have your left hand on the stock and trigger, the bolt is on the right side, you use your non firing hand to cycle the bolt quickly. Ok, not a big deal when shooting on the range, but can be especially important on a hunt if there is a need for a quick follow up shot. I am a dominant left handed shooter and much prefer a right handed bolt action. I still shoot right handed and have found it to be odd, to take my hand off the stock to cycle the bolt. Just my $.02 Good Luck.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kody here is a right handed rifle in a left handed stock. If you are interested let me know. It is a 300 WSM. Tom.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am left eye dominant but right handed. iuse to shoot right handed actions,but once I tried my first Lh bolt I can not go back it just fits/feels better. I fail to see how it wouldcan bebetter/easier to reach over your scope to work the bolt, while tucking the rifle with your grip/trigger hand to cycle the bolt and trying to maintain sight picture off hand. My partner does thisbutfor me itisn't as natural as working the bolt as it was designed. Also in regards to the Mod 700 the safety positioningon the rt side isn't ideal IMHO.

If your looking for a syth./ss rem 700 production rifle you'll just have to wait for the XCR's to become available. However if not opposed to wood and blued barrels you have other choicesin LH actions withthe BDL and CDL 700 models.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just went to the Remington site and looked at the new Remington LH-XCR. That is one good looking rifle. I might just have to have one of them.

I also looked at the new Varmint rifles. I wonder why Remington will not build a faster twist 22 caliber rifle. Tom.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Spike

yes, I think I will stick with finding a left hand bolt. I have a 700pss in righthand that is good on the bench but if I'm going to hunt, I want to be able to quickly cycle rounds if needed. I am also considering the CDL, but like the idea of the weatherproof coating on the XCR. I may have to wait for the XCR to become available.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder why Remington will not build a faster twist 22 caliber rifle.
The new VTR is a 1 in 9 .223.

Quick Reply: Problems finding lefthand rifle - XCR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.