Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Another "budget" item from Remington... >

Another "budget" item from Remington...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Another "budget" item from Remington...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another "budget" item from Remington...

I just cant get over the fact that they would put a picture of something so clearly f'ed up on the actual advertisement of the darn thing. That speaks volumes...
Old 02-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You find a lot of remington supporters because there are so many in circulation. I also agree that remington is a junk brand. That bullet looks incredibly silly.

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: doubleA

Rammer, if you look real close you can actually see the blued SPS's rust in the box. The finish on them and the stainless model is just HORRIBLE. I cant see how a well respected, errrrrrrrrrrrr maybe I should re-phrase that.... a "used to be "well respected firearms company would allow that to go out the doors. Looks as if a jr high shop class has been blasting them with rocks. Seems if you want a little finer finish on a Remington 700 these days you're going to have to spend $750-$1000.
I'm glad a fine weapon connoisseur like yourself agrees with me on this! I like the way they feel when I shoulder them, I just can't stand the finish on them. I do still have an ADL from the Mid to later 80s that has a great blued finish with a very nice wood stock on it. Never had any issues with that rifle.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is a real tragedy personally that what was once one of the great American arms companies is making a product that is so widely looked upon out of the sides of consumers eyes. Ten years ago recommending a Remington was as good a bet as betting the sun would come out tomorrow, now the only sure bet is recommending one made prior to 1980. I really wish that they would tighten up... just go back to making functional, simple guns, made from good steel, with a good finish that your average consumer could afford, use and pass on.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM

Don't know if you guys are aware but Remington just bought Marlin which of course own H&R New England Firearms, I just hope their mis-management or quality control do not extend to these companies...Or maybe they bought them so they can say they actually make a good product..lol
Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know if any of you guys remember or not, or even care, but the first time I looked at the new SPS Varmint i complained about the finish, and particularly about the fact that the bolt was finished the same ungodly way as the action and barrel. I really don't like the way it looks, but I bought one anyhow, as I wanted the .17 Fireball. What I will say about it is the fact that it does shoot good. You know, that old ugly girls story ..............
Old 02-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have quite a few of them, old and new. It would not be wise to bet against them hitting where they are aimed, every time. Hope everyone sells their cheap, maybe I can pick up a few bargans..

At least now they are chambering the 260 the way they should have all along. Heavier 24-26 inch barrel. Even though that paticular rifle is well beyond my means.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh there is no doubt their rifles shoot well. Most of my gripes are about their shotguns, infact all of them are, aside from aesthtic issues like Wildman mentioned and the whole bullet engraving thing. I think their rifles have acctually gotten a little bit better in the last ten years as far as shooting performance goes... certainly haven't gone down hill at all.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

How they shoot is 99.99999999999999999999 % of what a rifle is about to me.Hey Doe Dumper, there is that 260 you been wanting. Maybe you can trade your IPOD.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually like how it looks, fluted barrel, not sure how popular the .260 is though? and limited edition? Maybe the quality doesn't demand that price, I'm not sure, though I would support remington making finer guns at a higher price, ie somethign nicer than the 600-800 class, though I think youcan get a nice firearm from them for that price, just nice to see their only market isnt a guy who wants a $600 gun. So yes I agree prob not another budget gun, though looks nice, and would like to see more like it from them. spread it out ya know, 600 dollar gun, 1200, 1700

Quick Reply: Another "budget" item from Remington...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.