Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!- >

Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Self Defense handgun help.

Heck,if she has any wants or warrents it would be a good time to find out by haveing her buy her own handgun...Then there wont be any surprises if you end up married []..
Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Everyones advice about the legal questions are, at least on my account, meant to help you out. Pardon us if you wish to act like an A$$. Good luck as you may need it for lack of common sense.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

Everyones advice about the legal questions are, at least on my account, meant to help you out. Pardon us if you wish to act like an A$$. Good luck as you may need it for lack of common sense.
James B,

You have a way with words. Well said.

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 02:54 PM

I didn't ask for help on any legal matters. Can't you idiots get that through your heads? I am not going to buy the firearm through a dealer...you guys just helped me decide on that. I see an ad in the local paper with a 9mm Kahr for sale...guess what i'm going to go buy it I just talked to the guy on the phone and he said no problem he will write out a handwritten reciept and then i'm going to give it to my friend tonight after she gets off work. You can't do a damn thing about it...doesn't that just make you want to cry in your straw hat law!!!! awwwwwww

I'll walk into my local police station and show the chief my new handgun purchase and he will say, nice gun! In my state we can wear handgun in public as long as it isn't concealed. I'll ask him if he wants to arrest me because i'm going to give it as a gift to my friend...and he will laugh and say...nice gift!

You can't stop a law abiding citizen from buying another law abiding citizen a firearm and giving it to them. So go cry on your lawyers shoulder..

Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I rest my case.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM

I'll give him some insight...I don't need his opinions on laws and the legal system. Go preach to someone else.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the_sandman_454

Swampcollie:

I've no idea where you got the impression I claimed to be Ted Nugent. I never said I was, nor even did I imply it. The original poster claimed to know Mr. Nugent, but I never claimed I was Mr. Nugent. I suggest you go back and read the thread. I merely suggested that after a lengthy and probably pointless discussion of the law to someone who likely already seemed to have a clue what he can/can't do, we could all just give the original poster a break in his own thread and drop the legal stuff.

You may want to double check your facts before trying to attack my person. For what it's worth, my birth date is March 10, 1980, but it's ok, you really don't need to feel obligated to send me a birthday present.

You can feel free to apologize anytime.

To the original poster: I am sorry for having carried on further in this thread dealing with SC, but I couldn't just leave things open-ended and being accused of impersonating someone when all the evidence points to the contrary.

Tim
None of it was directed to you at all Tim. I quoted you in agreeance that enough was enough. That was all.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Spike

Default RE: Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Glock 19! They fit just about anyone and they're as reliable as a pistol can be made. Not too pricey, not hard to use, no manual safety to negotiate &no hammer to cock. All the attributes of the perfect personal protection pistol. Point-shoot.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

I rest my case.

x2

Walk in to a courthouse with a gun... see what happens....all those metal dectors are just meant to stop people with titanium reconstructed joints from messing up satelilte signals....

I sure hope you don't live in Michigan.... sorry to ruffle your feather loco... best of luck.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

elLOCOmutha, I read in another post where someone ask you if you were "the Motor City Madman in the flesh" and your reply was "In the flesh". Seems you were implying to be Nuge then? Because we all know who the Motor City Madman is. I am sure the mods are keeping a close eye on your actions. sandman,,,this was not a reply to you, I was just copying the quotes in your post.

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Ok, I am personally done with the legal crap, since I think it has been sufficiently explained already numerous times more than it needs to have been. I'm done helping to beat the dead horse, and tired of seeing all the crap myself in a thread dedicated to trying to fit a gun to a purpose.
I totally agree. I just thought that someone who honestly considered running for the top job in Michigan would know a bit more about laws than that... assuming of course you are Ted Nugent .... and you are quite obviously likely not even of age, as you choose to **** out the year of your birth. Someone who is a self proclaimed patriot ought to at least follow the laws of the country he so dearly loves as closely as he can... and certainly not intentionally break them. Unless that is all just a big front. I'll bet Uncle Ted would love to know that he has an imposter bent on spoiling his good name posting on the largest hunting website in the country. And that someone who apparently has his own hunting show about the wild, and the self worship of firearms could not even know enough about them to choose one for himself..... seems strange to me.....heck honestly I think your overwhelming fasination with the man may well be an obsession. Didn't the guy who killed John Lennon have some sort of homoerotic obsession with him?

Good luck on your straw purchase! And when you do get that snub nose S&W... I recommend replacing the factory rubber grips with a nice wood grip... doesn't catch on clothes... easier to get out of the pocket.

Swampcollie:

I've no idea where you got the impression I claimed to be Ted Nugent. Inever said I was, nor even did I imply it. The original poster claimed to know Mr. Nugent, but I never claimed I was Mr. Nugent. I suggest you go back and read the thread.Imerely suggested that after a lengthy and probably pointless discussion of the law to someone who likely already seemed tohave a clue what he can/can't do, we could all just give theoriginal postera break in his own thread and drop the legal stuff.

You may want to double check your facts before trying to attack my person. For what it's worth, my birth date is March 10, 1980, but it's ok, you really don't need to feel obligated to send me a birthday present.

You can feel free to apologize anytime.

To the original poster: I am sorry for having carried on further in this thread dealing with SC, but I couldn't just leave things open-ended and being accused of impersonating someone when all the evidence points to the contrary.

Tim

Quick Reply: Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.