Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!- >

Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Old 02-13-2008, 11:27 PM

Default RE: Self Defense handgun help.

Thank You Duckdog132...take care.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: the_sandman_454

Ok, I am personally done with the legal crap, since I think it has been sufficiently explained already numerous times more than it needs to have been. I'm done helping to beat the dead horse, and tired of seeing all the crap myself in a thread dedicated to trying to fit a gun to a purpose.
I totally agree. I just thought that someone who honestly considered running for the top job in Michigan would know a bit more about laws than that... assuming of course you are Ted Nugent .... and you are quite obviously likely not even of age, as you choose to **** out the year of your birth. Someone who is a self proclaimed patriot ought to at least follow the laws of the country he so dearly loves as closely as he can... and certainly not intentionally break them. Unless that is all just a big front. I'll bet Uncle Ted would love to know that he has an imposter bent on spoiling his good name posting on the largest hunting website in the country. And that someone who apparently has his own hunting show about the wild, and the self worship of firearms could not even know enough about them to choose one for himself..... seems strange to me.....heck honestly I think your overwhelming fasination with the man may well be an obsession. Didn't the guy who killed John Lennon have some sort of homoerotic obsession with him?

Good luck on your straw purchase! And when you do get that snub nose S&W... I recommend replacing the factory rubber grips with a nice wood grip... doesn't catch on clothes... easier to get out of the pocket.

Swampcollie:

I've no idea where you got the impression I claimed to be Ted Nugent. Inever said I was, nor even did I imply it. The original poster claimed to know Mr. Nugent, but I never claimed I was Mr. Nugent. I suggest you go back and read the thread.Imerely suggested that after a lengthy and probably pointless discussion of the law to someone who likely already seemed tohave a clue what he can/can't do, we could all just give theoriginal postera break in his own thread and drop the legal stuff.

You may want to double check your facts before trying to attack my person. For what it's worth, my birth date is March 10, 1980, but it's ok, you really don't need to feel obligated to send me a birthday present.

You can feel free to apologize anytime.

To the original poster: I am sorry for having carried on further in this thread dealing with SC, but I couldn't just leave things open-ended and being accused of impersonating someone when all the evidence points to the contrary.

Tim
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elLOCOmutha

I'm actually starting to lean towards the S&W revolvers...the Kahrs do sound nice though. Edit: LOL at the duster/trenchcoat :X!! How does that .223 kel-Tec shoot? Ive seen one in a shop, was really interesting.
Not bad,I have mine sighted in to 150yrds(on bench)granted it dosnt group like a long gun but it works on varmits.I also put a muzzle break on it and if you dont have ear protection on you'll wish ya did cause your ears will feel like there bleeding... after 1 shot....opps....
It dosnt like 30 round clips to well but no problem with 20 rouder's....The 2 30 round clips I have for it are cheeper ones so that might be the problem....Havent tried my other ones in it yet..
Its nice to carry in the woods if you dont want to drag a rifle around and shoots farther then a pistol..
Old 02-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

since when it is illegal to buy a gun for someone as a give and since when is it iilegal to buy a gun from a normal everyday person on the street
he never said he was buying it for someone who was not allowed to buy it ie a straw purchase
Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM

Whoooooo, excessive preaching. Give the man a break.

I've had female friends ask me about purchasing them a pistol before....and I went with them to help pick one out, and to teach them how to safely handle and shoot it....but I'd prefer to minimize the number of handguns out there floating around with my name attached to them.

Anyway, assuming you do get the lil lady a handgun, might I advise you purchasesome good quality hearing protection. My own gf had a flinch that wasmore the result of muzzle blast than recoil.....a set of ear muffs and she can shoot my Springfield .45all day long.

A thought though....if she's not the type to want to learn how to do some work ona semi...learning to clear the chamber, clear up jams swiftly, etc, she might want to check into a nice revolver, hammerless like these good fellows suggested. Easy to load, point and pull.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

i check some of you guys are wrong a straw purchase is were you buy a gun for someone that is not legally allowed to buy one them selfs.
You can buy your friend a gun as a gift or what ever as long as they can legally have it.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:40 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone. The suggestion about the ear protection is great thanks. We shoot .22 alot plinking and we always wear muffs...even if it isn't that loud with a .22 I hurt my ears when I was younger (my left one) by shooting alot of 9mm without protection..never again.

I really didn't think someone would accuse me of trying to do illegal acts lol. The friend i'm buying this for has never even had a speeding ticket and I know my states laws etc. but I don't know all the dealers laws (straw purchase) I would never buy a firearm for someone that couldn't legally have them.

I'm glad the threads getting back on track and am thankful for all the help.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ear protection is a must
i shoot a 9mm 3030 and my ar sometimes with out ear plugs i think i have lost some hearing in my ear from it
as i get b*tched out because i turn the tv up to loud and can not hear people very well unless there right by me
ORIGINAL: elLOCOmutha

Thanks for all the help everyone. The suggestion about the ear protection is great thanks. We shoot .22 alot plinking and we always wear muffs...even if it isn't that loud with a .22 I hurt my ears when I was younger (my left one) by shooting alot of 9mm without protection..never again.

I really didn't think someone would accuse me of trying to do illegal acts lol. The friend i'm buying this for has never even had a speeding ticket and I know my states laws etc. but I don't know all the dealers laws (straw purchase) I would never buy a firearm for someone that couldn't legally have them.

I'm glad the threads getting back on track and am thankful for all the help.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just don't see how you could judge whether or not a person is able to own a firearm. Are you running the person through the FBI database?

Just for the record I don't believe you are doing something illegal. I just think you're doing something foolish. Taking her there and letting her complete the transaction is your best bet. She may come to appreciate the process after all. Unlikely but it's a better way to look at it.

Tom
Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

if you like i can show you where your state laws are on straw purchases if you tell me what state your in

also i saw that a straw purchase can be for any item a car or beer or what ever

Quick Reply: Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.