Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!- >

Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Self Defense handgun help.

I have a hi point .40 carbine fun for plinking but I don't think i'll be investing in any of the handguns for protection of my life.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're looking for a thin, quality 9mm, I'd have to suggesta Kahr.
Crimson Trace has laser grips for them, but I couldn't find anything available from Lasermax.

I also like the Para LDA single stacks.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Thanks, i'll check out the para!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elLOCOmutha

Ok i'll give her the money to buy the friggin gun ok..now stfu about my freedoms and the law because 1. you aren't a lawyer and 2. you don't tell me what to do or how to buy it.
Was that stated clearly enough for you?
Here is a little heads up for you. I can buy a handgun/firearm from a private citizen and no matter how you twist my words and read into things you can't change that. Plenty of people around the U.S.A have/own firearms and don't have a fed paper trail.

Now I was not asking for advice and opinions on the Law or any laws pertaining to dealers and I could care less.
I want opinions on the best 9mm cal. or higher small carry handgun for my friend. You can't stop me from buying a handgun.
Oh and PS i'm not trying to be a jerk i'm just trying to talk about what the thinnest smallest handgun is for my friend so I can get it.
Nitpick all you want...
No I will not "stfu", and if you plan on being a part of this forum, I suggest you adhere to the rules you agreed to when you joined. That sort of behavior is looked down upon around here. If you cannot follow the laws, and cannot follow the rules of the forum, then I would ask you kindly not post. Its very simple and straight forward. If you want to act like a child, post on the youth forum. Otherwise, check your attitude and your language at the main page. I happen to be a law abiding citizen and as you (to quote you here) .... "could care less" about the laws per this last post. This is a public forum, this is every bit as open and admissable in a court of law as if you were saying it out loud.

And as an aside, a gun that does not have a paper trail, depending on certain circumstance, is considered an illegal firearm. So while that paper trail may not end with you... once again you have positively no clue what you are writing about, or posting about. I am not twisting your words at all.... I took your words at 100% face value. You are/were intending to do something in violation of federal law... and I called you on it. It is what it is. Let it end there why not?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Spike

The initial post referenced buying for a friend. That could just as easily mean as a gift, which I took it as, as a straw purchase. And if this guy is buying the gun with his own money and then giving the gun to someone else who can legally posess it, it is a legal transaction.

So maybe this dude just doesn't know the adequate terminology or feel the need to post it up exactly as shown. Unless he's in your store trying to do something illegal, why not leave him alone? I guess I just don't understand pushing the technicallities. The guy understands the rules now, (and probably did before), so I think that's about the end of the problem. I just don't see the need to keep beating a dead horse.

In terms of "no paperwork", aside from going through an FFL or based on local requirements I don't see a need for paperwork either. Of course the seller probably wants a receipt, but again, that is no business of ours, it's between the seller and our poster here. Technically until the Government requires registration of everything, unless he goes through an FFL, there won't be much in the way of paperwork, nor is it a legal requirement, depending of course on his local laws. Of course it originally started with paperwork when the first FFL sold it to the first member of the public, but thanks to private sales, the trail could stop there depending on how they doccumented the transfers, which is of course legal.

If it were me, as a buyer I'd request a bill of sale from the seller (that way you cover your butt so they can't claim you stole it, etc), and put on paper for your records that you gave it to the girl.

Ok, I am personally done with the legal crap, since I think it has been sufficiently explained already numerous times more than it needs to have been. I'm done helping to beat the dead horse, and tired of seeing all the crap myself in a thread dedicated to trying to fit a gun to a purpose.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the_sandman_454

Ok, I am personally done with the legal crap, since I think it has been sufficiently explained already numerous times more than it needs to have been. I'm done helping to beat the dead horse, and tired of seeing all the crap myself in a thread dedicated to trying to fit a gun to a purpose.
I totally agree. I just thought that someone who honestly considered running for the top job in Michigan would know a bit more about laws than that... assuming of course you are Ted Nugent .... and you are quite obviously likely not even of age, as you choose to **** out the year of your birth. Someone who is a self proclaimed patriot ought to at least follow the laws of the country he so dearly loves as closely as he can... and certainly not intentionally break them. Unless that is all just a big front. I'll bet Uncle Ted would love to know that he has an imposter bent on spoiling his good name posting on the largest hunting website in the country. And that someone who apparently has his own hunting show about the wild, and the self worship of firearms could not even know enough about them to choose one for himself..... seems strange to me.....heck honestly I think your overwhelming fasination with the man may well be an obsession. Didn't the guy who killed John Lennon have some sort of homoerotic obsession with him?

Good luck on your straw purchase! And when you do get that snub nose S&W... I recommend replacing the factory rubber grips with a nice wood grip... doesn't catch on clothes... easier to get out of the pocket.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 PM

For concealability and smaller hands, the keltec, kahr, or glock 26 are good options.

Don't worry about the straw purchase thing. Unless you are buying it with the intent of transferring it to a known felon, you will be alright. Once you buy it, it's yours to do with as you see fit. I make out a bill of sale for every transfer I do, just for my records, even if it's a gift.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 PM

I asked a simple question and a bunch of wannabe lawyers jump in and assume i'm buying illegal firearms and start to preach about straw hats and what not. I think you paper trail loving self proclaimed lawyer preachers need to stop jacking a simple thread talking about the right handgun for the right situation. You just keep spouting **** I don't care to hear about, I know the laws etc. You can personally attack me all you want because in the end it doesn't matter and you look the fool.

Go bother someone else preferably on another forums. I have tried many times to keep this thread on track and continuously get preached to about laws etc. What do you care who and how I buy a firearm from?

I'm talking about functionality and brands here. Not who and where i'm going to buy the firearm etc.

For the last time please just keep the thread on track and leave the thread alone if all your going to do is preach about laws etc. because I don't care what you have to say.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Typical Buck

SwampColliegive the guy a break.. why in the heck do you care if he buys a gun for someone it wasnt what needed to be answered.thats what wrong with alot of the forums. people nit pick at every detail. give it a rest.. please!!!!!
good luck with what ever pistol you buy!!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the advice. The Glocks don't fit her hands to well so they are out...the kel tec and kahrs are definately an option i'm looking into.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.