Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Laminate gun stock >

Laminate gun stock

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Laminate gun stock

Old 02-10-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Laminate gun stock

Hey everyone im new to hunting.net and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a new laminate stock. I have a Rem 700 bdl ss, I've been looking at the Boyds stocks in Cabelas and they look nice but i was wondering if anyone had any feedback on them.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Laminate gun stock

I've got some of Boyd's stocks for some 10/22's and have been very happy with them. I'd look at Boyd's site and see the other styles and color laminates they offer and maybe even buy directly from them.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depending if you want a drop in or don't mind doing some work.If the latter Richards Micro Fit has a very good selection of laminates in many different styles and some beautiful colors.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
DM

I always made my own... I'd start with that ever wood i wanted, slice it the thickness' i wanted with a bandsaw... Then planed the slices to the same thickness, and expoxied them all together the way i wanted them...

After drying and cleaning them up, i sold them or sent them off to be semi inletted for what ever bbled action i was stocking...

DM
Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys yeah i had planned on getting one that was a drop in unless there is a reason not to.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

I just put one on my Savage mod. 116, 7 mag. I went with the pepper laminate, on a stainless rifle. I had to do some fitting in the barrel channel, do to the fact that my fluted stainless barrel was larger than a stock blued barrel. When you order one from Cabelas, make sure you order the right color you want. They have them listed wrong. The nutmeg is shown as the gray, ( pepper) and the Pepper is shown as the ( nutmeg). But there will be some fitting to get it right on your rifle, to float the barrel etc. I used a dremel tool to do this. Good Luck.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Richards Micro fit or Boyds for hardwood laminate, Serengeti for Walnut laminate. Accurate Innovations if you can get hold of someone there or if they are even in business anymore
Old 02-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

I have three of the boyds jrs laminate's and I like them and enjoy finishing them myself.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you purchase a new firearm that has a laminate stock on it chances are that Boyds made it. They make most of the laminate stocks for the factories.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

I got 2 of them on my Rugers.. One in black and one in Brown.. That Brown Lam in a SS gun is sure pretty..

Quick Reply: Laminate gun stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.