Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Look at this guys 1740 >

Look at this guys 1740

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Look at this guys 1740

Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Look at this guys 1740

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I would bet a thousand dollars if this had been a safe full of Dakotas, Drillings, Browning Customs, Jarretts, cusome Mausers etc... your comments would have been much different.

Safe full of dakotas... yep you are correct. I think you are finally starting to grasp the "thats my opinion part." The Bill of Rights includes things about free speech too. I know the ACLU and other pinko-hippie-liberal groups tend to ignore the second ammendment, but too many of our own tend to ignore the REST of the document not pertaining to the second ammendment. This is an open internet forum.... if you don't care for opinions, than I suggest you not post. Plain and simple.

Just today, about 3:00pm I hear the store owner talking to one of the salesmen at our other store on the phone about the new Sig 556 and Ar's in general. The salesman was commenting about how fast those firearms sell and that we need to cary more of them and the accessories. The owners response went something along the lines of "But do we want our image to be associated with people like that?" It just pisses me off that the owner of two sporting goods stores would be thinking like that.
Are you serious? That is a HUGE consideration. Same reason our shop never carried High Points, we don't want to attract the sort of customers who tend to carry High Points (in our area it was the homeboys). Our store has been broken in to over a 1/2 dozen times... once by Honda Accord... you know how much money it costs in insurance to keep a place like that going? Our shop was a high end gun shop, and we carried a sold a fair number of ARs, mostly to military guys. But our customer base was high ticket guns. Thats what people came to see, and thats what they bought. Knowing your market and your customer is a key to staying in business. I assume you told your boss exactly what you are telling me now?

Maybe I am just being a little over sensative about this. I hope to have a few safes full of all kinds of guns one day and the time and money to shoot them all and everyone can think I am paranoid.
It sounds to me like you are already there.

I'm sure ole Ted Nugent, John Sigler, Charlton Heston, Larry Pratt, and many others like them are just paranoid too?
There is a difference between being vigilant, and throwing one of your own over the side to the sharks. Some people, yourself included so it seems, are apparently on some anti-gun witch hunt.... where anybody who has any comment about anything that does not involve them personally owning a few safes full of guns fit to repell armageddon is quite obviously batting for the other team. Not so my friend. You cannot be blinded by stuff. I know several gun counter guys who seem to take the same sort of attitude as you, and it is really going to be the undoing of our sport. You need to seriously lighten up and stop trying to see who is againest you when we are already on your side. Hitler was famous for killing off his own best supporters for fear of being so paranoid of sabatoge. Don't let it happen to you bro....[8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I just had a bad day yesterday. Sorry to take it out on you guys.

But with the AR thing. I'm not talking about el-cheapo sell to the hood type of firearms. There's a big differance in a high point and a $1200+ AR. There is a huge demand for AR's here and no one is really taking care of that market. I really don't know why. I really don't see what's wrong with the AR image?

And yes I have told him my opinion concerning us covering the AR market.

Yes I am a little paranoid about our gun rights. I think we all should be a little paranoid.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only problem I have with that set up is that fact that those mags will likely jam if he ever needed them if he doesn't cycle them. The springs will lossen up and cause miss-feeds.

Tom
Old 02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I guess I just had a bad day yesterday. Sorry to take it out on you guys.

But with the AR thing. I'm not talking about el-cheapo sell to the hood type of firearms. There's a big differance in a high point and a $1200+ AR. There is a huge demand for AR's here and no one is really taking care of that market. I really don't know why. I really don't see what's wrong with the AR image?

And yes I have told him my opinion concerning us covering the AR market.

Yes I am a little paranoid about our gun rights. I think we all should be a little paranoid.

Its all gravy! I wasn't exactly bring the most open understanding guy in the world either. I agree that it pays to be attentive, perhaps paranoid is too strong a word, vigilant is a decent word I think.

As to what is wrong with the AR market/image: I can only speculate. I wouldn't exactly say anything is wrong with it... here is my line of thinking. This isn't an attack, because I could personally care less.

The indiviual who is a "black gun" fanatic will not care how off the wall, or what the image of a store is. He doesn't care if its Rock Island Armory or Wal-Mart, if they sell the gun he wants at the right price he will spend his money there. A shop owner is going to have those customers no matter what. The portion of the market he is concerned with is the other 75% of the gun market who is on the fence about matters like that. Casual hunters, target shooters (clays), women etc etc... (especially women). They need to make their shop feel like an environment where everyone feels welcome. AR shooters typically don't give a rip about environment or image... they just want what they want. If I am a high end gun afficiando (which is a strong word for me... but I do like high end guns), than I will be more prone to spend my dollar at a shop taylored to my needs, rather than one that focuses more on what is just popular today.

Its all about balance. Your boss should take your advice, because there is a huge niche in that market that he can make some money on. I'm not saying he should put concertina wire and tank traps in front of the store and have sandbags instead of gondolas for displaying product, but having some of those firearms available, even just 3 or 4 to see how they move is always a good idea.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:33 PM

Those pictures are so much like my dreams. I am seriously thinking about adding an AR-15 to my collection soon.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

It never hurts to be prepared. When we took our boat over to the Bahamas we took a 8MM assualt rifle with 1000 meter sights. We also had a couple other guns with us. We had around 5000 rounds of ammuntion with us. We had to come home early and had the police over there hold them for us. The police commissioner told us if we had any problems with the dealers over there to feed them to the sharks. Though that was before 911. I would rather be prepared than be out there and be caught without anything.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mcfadden222

Some guys are just plain lucky.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Thats a lot of hardware for punching holes in targets....