Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Recent Gun Violence in IL >

Recent Gun Violence in IL

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Recent Gun Violence in IL

Old 02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Recent Gun Violence in IL

I am in Mass for school and even to have a long gun here is a pain in the ass. I want to get my concealled carry for back home in NY but they make you jump through so many hoops and make it so inconvienent that I haven't done it yet...which is really what they want. They can't make it illegal (yet) but they can make it so difficult that people don't get it.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

It because of this, and many other recent shootings I am investing in a high quality concealed carry pistol.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Unless you live somewhere that has open carry or have spent some time there, you probably wouldn't understand. Most bad guys are not going to walk into a busy place and try to hold them up knowing that any one of the people standing around might be packing. Open carry does catch some people off guard and they freak out seeing a gun. Especially our immigrants from that liberal state to the west.

The law states that it can't be concealed. All that needs to be showing is the holster or butt of the gun. You can be within the law and still not be conspicuous. You see a lot of motorcycle riders carrying here too. I think that it helps cuts down on road rage.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Which only proves that the most repressive gun laws do not work.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know several guys that have their Concealed Carry License and if someone would ever come into a place where they are and starting shooting innocent by-standers I hope like heck they would protect theirselfs and others in there.Most of them know how to use a gun and wouldn't beaffraid to use it.Look at how many people have been shot or killed in our Schools,Churches and Courts!I know of a few Churches that lock their doors after everyone has come in and they have hall and door monitors with walkie talkies....it is shame what we have to do to protect ourselfs now a days!

There have been several shootings and deaths where I live,our own neighbor was going to get her belongings and leave her husband because of personal problems,he shot and killed her,killed his brother in-law,shot and wounded his son in-law,shot at and missed his sister in-lawand then shot himself.There was a shooting in Kirkwood Mo. (St. Louis area) where a guy went into a town meeting and killed several people including a Police Officer.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter
Look at how many people have been shot or killed in our Schools,Churches and Courts!
All of which prohibit concealed carry fire arms, so the permit would do you no good unless you were willing to carry illegally. So in reality why bother with getting the permit?

Paul
Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

Look at how many people have been shot or killed in our Schools,Churches and Courts!
Less than have died from choking on an ice cube...

Not a good argument.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

You know I have heard little about open carry, which I think i read is legal in more states than concealed? ie holster on your hip? I think people are more comfy with concealed, out of site out of mind, though I'm for both, I'd take either one being legal in IL. or anywhere for that matter.

Why is it rocket science that criminals will always have / use guns illegally, and that responsible citizens won't be using them illegally / in a wreckless matter? I read somewhere that in the 1920's that women had pocket pistols and so did men, and people really weren't mugged because of this. Criminals knew people had pistols and would use them. Sounds pretty logical to me.
There is just no evidence, and never has been that any "gun control" law or regulation has ever had any tendency to reduce violent crime, or even GUN CRIME!

Back in the days of Prohibition, when people like Al Capone & Co. wer murdering each other and everyone else daily, organized crime got over 90% of their guns by stealing them from the police, national Gurad Armories, and elsewhere. Gun laws are BS, always have been, and some are even a JOKE. Here in PA right now, some moron in the state legislature has proposed that ALL BULLETS and CARTRIDEGE CASES have microscopic SERIAL NUMBERS stamped on themso when they are used in crimes, they can go arrest the person that bought them! IF such idiocy was not so serious, it would be FUNNY! Can you imagine the poor dealers and the poor cops, or whoever, trying to keep records of all those damned numbers??? Geez, this is an insanity worthy of the Governator of Kally-fornia, right here in PA. I hope the rest of the PA legislators get a hugh belly laugh out of this one!!

(I wonder if the bozo who dreamed this up knows that OVER 1 MILLION ROUNDS of .22 LR ammo alone is fired int he U.S. EVERY DAY!!)
Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Open carry in WI is legal, but NOBODYdoes. I believe it is because there are too many secondary restrictions that make it impractical. For example, I don't think you can carry loaded in a vehicle, open or otherwise. Then there is the schools issue, 1000' I believe. Most people in WI would **** if they saw someone walk into a store carrying, or even on a city street.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM

I thought that Illinois and Wisconsin were two of the three states that could not do the open Carry.

ORIGINAL: waiting_for_a_gift

Open carry in WI is legal, but NOBODYdoes. I believe it is because there are too many secondary restrictions that make it impractical. For example, I don't think you can carry loaded in a vehicle, open or otherwise. Then there is the schools issue, 1000' I believe. Most people in WI would **** if they saw someone walk into a store carrying, or even on a city street.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.