HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Credit card company: No more buying guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/230165-credit-card-company-no-more-buying-guns.html)

DM 01-31-2008 09:14 PM

Credit card company: No more buying guns

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59970

DM

salukipv1 01-31-2008 09:45 PM

RE: Credit card company: No more buying guns

Don't you when you ship a gun it goes from FFL dealer to FFL dealler? So in a sense it is face to face? This is just another trampling of our freedoms if you ask me. I think, we should issure everyone a firearm, tell the police to go on vacation, we've got it from here.

statjunk 02-01-2008 06:46 AM

I've read articles in 1st Freedom (NRA Mag) that claims that Citi is very anti-gun. After I read that article I cancled my card.

Tom

TJEN 02-01-2008 07:25 AM

Its amazing who much conviction liberals have and how they veiw what is fair and not fare or should I say how double their stardards are!

In any case if we who hunt, fish, like guns, meat, or to simply choose raise our kids with morals. Would fight nonstop like that at every appertunity possible. Well we would win hands down by say 90% margin, but we are not obsessed with it like they are we just wait to raise our kids and persue happiness with out bothering others. Won't it be nice if liberals thought that way to!

I would love to see this post on the front page of the New York Times unaltered. Well back to reallity.

Colorado Luckydog 02-01-2008 07:41 AM

After reading this, I went upstairs to ask my wife to cancel our Citi-bank account. She had a few choice words about them and said she had already closed the account last week because of their customer service. I will never do business with them again. They will not makeone red cent off me!

statjunk 02-01-2008 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

After reading this, I went upstairs to ask my wife to cancel our Citi-bank account. She had a few choice words about them and said she had already closed the account last week because of their customer service. I will never do business with them again. They will not makeone red cent off me!
You have to look at the corporate structure of Citi. They have a lot of companies that are in your face everyday that you wouldn't know are connected. I don't know what those are but I know Solomon Smith Barney is one of them.

Tom

oldelkhunter 02-01-2008 08:27 AM

I guess they are following Paypals lead . I have an auto loan with citibank that is up in 4 months its at 1.89 percent, hope they are enjoying that great revenue they are getting from me.;)

kirby375 02-01-2008 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: TJEN

Its amazing who much conviction liberals have and how they veiw what is fair and not fare or should I say how double their stardards are!

In any case if we who hunt, fish, like guns, meat, or to simply choose raise our kids with morals. Would fight nonstop like that at every appertunity possible. Well we would win hands down by say 90% margin, but we are not obsessed with it like they are we just wait to raise our kids and persue happiness with out bothering others. Won't it be nice if liberals thought that way to!

I would love to see this post on the front page of the New York Times unaltered. Well back to reallity.

Unfortunately, this tends to be true. If the liberals would spend their time hunting, fishing, and parenting their children properly, they wouldn't have time to mess everyone else's life.

Briman 02-01-2008 09:15 AM

There are ways to fight back.
Get a NRA credit card- a portion of the money made by the card company goes to the NRA.
Get a Cabelas card- a percentage of your daily purchases can be used to buy hunting/fishing stuff from Cabelas.

I'm sure there are a lot more gun-friendly cards out there if you look.

devil dog 02-01-2008 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Briman

There are ways to fight back.
Get a NRA credit card- a portion of the money made by the card company goes to the NRA.
Get a Cabelas card- a percentage of your daily purchases can be used to buy hunting/fishing stuff from Cabelas.

I'm sure there are a lot more gun-friendly cards out there if you look.

Do you really think the NRA is looking out for you, I was a member until 1994 when they caved on the "EVIL BLACK GUNS" now they have caved to the anti gun crowd again on the last ruleing for the mentaly impared!. Parts of the ammendment I agrea with, but the NRA left it go without getting the trash out of it!, as of now, a soldier comes back from war, if he gets any kind of counsuling from a shrink, he will never be able to posses a firearm again because he is placed right along side of the ones that come back with post tramatic stress syndrome. Talk about haveing your rights stripped away!, go put your life on the line, come home and want to go out deer hunting or just go out back and do some plinking, not anymore, THANKS NRA!!!!