Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 CZ75-B (my new addition) >

CZ75-B (my new addition)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CZ75-B (my new addition)

Old 01-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default CZ75-B (my new addition)

Hey there...

Well, I decided to part ways with my old Para Ordnance.45 ACP. It was a great 1911 style .45 with a double stack magazine, but very very heavy. At times it felt like it would almost pull my pants down. [:-]

So, I found a CZ75-B 9mm at the gun shop and talked, wheeled and dealed, and couldn't get an even swap, so I had to kick in a few bucks.

The CZ just felt perfect in my hand. It had just the right about of weight but not the massive bulk. I have heard and read so many things aboutCZ so I decided to buy it from the gun shop,but kicked in a few $$$ for my old Para .45ACP.

Check it out:

It is a real sweet 9mm. I want to hit the range tomorrow and put it through its paces. Now at least, 9mm ammo will be way cheaper than .45!!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 PM

Default RE: CZ75-B (my new addition)

I've heard nothing but good about these pistols. Please post your range report so we'll have some "official feedback!"
Old 01-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never personally shot one of those but have always heard good reports as well. You will probably also enjoy the cheaper 9mm ammo!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys...

I was at the local indoor range with the CZ75-B and oh yeah, 9mm ammo is way cheaper than .45ACP!

The CZ shot a box of American Eagle 115gr rounds and never had a problem at all. It gobbled up all the rounds with ease. The accuracy was awesome at 10 yards too. Never had a flier, never had anything outside the 8 ring either.

30 rounds strong hand (left), and 20 rounds weak hand (right). Yeah, I know... I'm weird... I'm mostly a lefty but can shoot handguns either hand (ambidextrous). The CZ is so well balanced and the grip is so comfortable, I can easily shoot with either hand and have no problems with target acquisition and sight picture.

I know a lot of people like S&W, Glock, Beretta, Ruger, etc... But if you come across a CZ handgun somewhere, pick it up and check it out. They are amazing!

Let me explain it like this:

Beretta 92 --- US military standard issue, common 9mm used by gov't agencies, if not using Glock.
CZ -- European military standard issue, European police issue, common 9mm as well but not well known like S&W, Glock, Ruger, etc..

The CZ is a Checzeslovokian (sp?) version of the Beretta 92.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never owned a CZ before, but I have my first one on layaway. I have a 375 H&H waiting for me to pick up. As soon as my wife isn't watching I'll slip it into the safe. I've also have heard nothing but good about CZ. Congrats andgood luck with it. Let us know how it shoots!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Nice gun Butch! You should come out to Dominion on Monday nights and shoot a little IDPA with us.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey there... I go to D&P (Dominion) a lot as well! I was there last week qualifying for my DCJS "hardcard" so I can get into armed security. That would be great to meet up and shoot sometime. [8D]
Old 02-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'm usually there every Monday night....shooting starts around 6 or 6:30. You should give it a try. You would need 2 possibly 3 magazines and a holster and mag holster. It's tons of fun and makes just shooting at paper targets boring after you do it.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds cool... I was just at the gunshow at the raceway. I picked up another CZ75 15 round magazine (the whole entire place only had ONE, so I snatched it up quickly.

I'd like to try that IDPA shooting. It sounds like a great time! [8D]
Old 02-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

All you have to do is show up! Shooting usually starts around 6 or 6:30, usually out by 8. I would try to get there around 5:45 to get signed in and buy ammo (1 box is plenty, you will probably only use half). Since you are new to it they will probably have you shoot near the end so you have a chance to watch everyone and see how it works. Monday nights are not true IDPA matches, but they are styled after IDPA. If you try it this monday and like it there is a regualr IDPA match this coming saturday at Black Creek which is a lot more stages and a lot more rounds down range (usually 150+ rounds). For more info on IDPA check out IDPA.com. Take a look at the rulebook, but dont get overly stressed over it there are plenty of people around and they are all friendly and will make sure all your questions are answered.

P.S. - found another site that will answer basic questions and give you enough info to get started:

http://hscidpa.com/IDPA_Basics.html