Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Bullpup Rifles Ugly??? >

Bullpup Rifles Ugly???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bullpup Rifles Ugly???

Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bullpup Rifles Ugly???

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

I was raised on walnut, curley maple, and blued steel. Those things just plain hurt my eyes!! Looks like Startrek stuff to me.............
Ditto. First time I saw one I thought it was just a movie prop.

The first one isn't too horrible, they just look so dang uncomfortable to shoot. I love hugging the butt of my rifle and look foward to a quick mag swap-out once the AR is complete, but I just can't see doing that with that kind of a rifle.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Butt ugly, crappy triggers, terrible ergonomics, what's not to love?[:-]
Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Functionality beats aesthetics on any battlefield. You can't see it when you're looking down the sights anyway...

I've had a lot of fun shooting the FN P90. It takes some getting used to, but if I were a truck driver or something in a hot zone, I could see the use of something like that.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I'm sure they function fine, but I just can't bring myself to see them as anything but ridiculous. I think they look like they are either some sort of mutant office staplers or theycame from the set of Battlestar Galactica. [:'(]
Old 01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hillary Clinton is uglier than that dog inside and out. [:'(][:'(][:'(]Good luck.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM

i think we can all agree on that
Old 01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO a rifle designed for military andLE use has noneed, what so ever, to be "pretty". So long as it functinos flawlessly, isdurable,and allows the "good guy" an advantage over the "bad guy"then they are beautiful rifles. Think about how many of our guys lives could have been saved back in WW1 and WW2, etc... when they were clearing tight spaces likebuildings, tunnels, caves, etc...had they had an ultra compact and ultra quick handling rifle like these bullpups instead of thoselong bulkyrifles like the Springfield andGarand.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Think about how many of our guys lives could have been saved back in WW1 and WW2, etc... when they were clearing tight spaces likebuildings, tunnels, caves, etc...had they had an ultra compact and ultra quick handling rifle like these bullpups instead of thoselong bulkyrifles like the Springfield andGarand.
Springfields and garands could be shot left handed to shoot around right corners to reduce one's profile without the ejection port being in their left ear. Springfields and Garands were all battle tested. Springfields or garands won't make the receiver and 1/2 the barrel a permanent part of your head if fired with an obstructed barrel or out of battery.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

They dohave their use though- firing out of vehicles. Then again any submachinegun or folding AK will do just as well if not better.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

Funny I was thinking Buck Rogers . Never cared for the plastic guns and that FN-P90 is just creepy . I wonder about the slamfire effects and life span in real worldlaying in the mud combat . Who cares armies will never go head to head again any way. I think that just as women have been accepted in combat the southpaw will be aknowledged and hooked up not made to shoot righty to conform. The combat side arm will be used for clearing to the left know doubt .

Quick Reply: Bullpup Rifles Ugly???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.