HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Mossberg Vs. Stevens (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/228772-mossberg-vs-stevens.html)

Bullet Hole Bailey 01-23-2008 05:42 PM

Mossberg Vs. Stevens

Well guys and girls i have another question for you.....i was looking at the mossberg rifles and noticed that they were relatively close to the same price or right about the same price as the Stevens model 200 that i was looking at possibly getting. So i am asking which you guys think is better for the money?

I know that the stocks on the mossberg seemed a little nicer so i just got to thinkin;)

THANKS!

Retaks 01-23-2008 06:17 PM

RE: Mossberg Vs. Stevens

Stevens is a Savage. I forget exactly which model but they are good guns. I havnt really hard anythign bad about the Mossberg rifles though. I have owned a few Mossberg shotguns and know many other people that doa nd have not had any problems. Get whichever one fits you best.

bltrax 01-23-2008 06:26 PM

i just bought a mossberg 100atr in a 270 and i like it. only put about 40 rounds through it so far but it shoots very well. i was looking at the stevens while i was gun hunting and i just didnt like the feel of it. the stock felt very cheap and toyish to me. plusall the stevens they had in the store, the stockswasnt formed verywell from the factory. the mold seams were very ruff and some were sharp, none were sanded smooth plus they were a weird greyish/brown color and i didnt like it.

BigHonkers 01-23-2008 07:05 PM

stevens 22-250 is a superb rifle. just get it camo dipped.

jdreddish 01-23-2008 08:19 PM

The Stevens 200 is the best deal in the rifle industry period. Free floating barrel, Duel pillar bedded. D!cks Sporting Goods has em for $269. The last 2 that I shot were MOA outta the box w/ factory ammo. Thats just unreal !

EKM 01-23-2008 10:08 PM

"....I know that the stocks on the mossberg seemed a little nicer so i just got to thinkin...."
Thou thinkest too much methinks.

Bullet Hole Bailey 01-23-2008 10:11 PM

lol....whata you mean?

Bullet Hole Bailey 01-24-2008 07:32 AM

anyone else?

MichaelT. 01-24-2008 10:21 AM

Just bought the Mossberg ATR .270 at Christmas..... I would go with that in your choice of caliber, or go with the Mossberg 4x4 rifle. I think they are better made than the Stevens. And yes they are in the same price range, and I would choose the Mossberg again , if I had to do it over.

cjwink 01-24-2008 10:22 AM

I will say the Stevens 200 stock does feel real cheap.. But I went with it over the Mossberg because the ATR didn't come in the caliber I wanted.. Otherwise I have heard good things about both of them..