Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Glock Accuracy >

Glock Accuracy

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glock Accuracy

Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM

Default Glock Accuracy

I poste this in another forum but thoguh I would post this question here too. I recently bought a Glock 23c in .40 cal. so far I have put about 150 rounds through it and I can't seem to hit anything. I have mostly been shooting from about 10-15 yards and I can't get any kind of group. I can put this gun down and pick up something else and get groups all day. I'm not sure if it is me, the ammo or the gun. do these gun have a certian break in period before they are accurate? each time I have had it out I made sure to clean it well when I was finished.

I don't know what else to do. I bought it because Glocks have a reputation of being well built and very reliable. Any help wil be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glock Accuracy

My buddy has one and it is reasonably accurate. Can't speak to the first x rounds but I doubt that you have a break in issue. I'd have someone else shoot it that you know is a good marksman. If the problem is still there then you need to contact Glock.

Tom
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

used to have a glock 17, 9mm. it shot as consistently as I did, and was pretty accurate when I'd really commit to good form. obviously not the same model/caliber, but just a quick note of mt Glock experience.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

From my experience all Glocks shot high POA!
So in other words you have to put the sights below the target you aim at. I have yet to see one hit POA or below of any of the calibers or frames of the Glocks. Not saying there isn't an exception, but I have not seen it?
Mike
Old 01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
bigcountry

I have had a bunch of em, and off sandbags, even with my model 27 super compact, I can hit 3-4" groups all day at 25 yards.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Let someone who you know is a good handgun shot it it a try. Also try it from a benchrest and see if it still won't group for you. I currenlty have four Glocks and have owned many more. I found them on avearage to shoot as good as anything I've owned by Colt, H&K, Sig, etc.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM

Well it sounds like it is just me. which is good beacuse I can fix me!
Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

I bet it is your trigger control. They are a little different, but I bet with practice you will come around.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I teach firearms at the local police academy. Most agencies in the area use Glocks. I have seen tons of em on the range. Never a problem with accuracy.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Glock triggercan take some time to get used to for many people. Keep practicing and make sure you concentrate on your grip and trigger control/trigger finger placement. Also learn to shoot the Glock from the trigger reset. Glocks are famous for having a short reset. It is possible that your pistol could be off but highly unlikely. When I first started shooting Glocks, I consistently grouped my shots to the left out past 7 yards. I was about to drift my rear sight but decided to let a friend shoot the gun. He proceeded to eat the bullseye up at 15 and 20 yards. I was like you,happy that it was the shooter and not the gun.

Quick Reply: Glock Accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.