Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 how often do you shoot? >

how often do you shoot?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how often do you shoot?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Spike

Default how often do you shoot?

I was just wondering how often some of you guys target practice with your deer rifle or how much shooting is to much? I know everyone says to practice a lot but doesnt it take a toll on your rifle after lots and lots of shooting?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how often do you shoot?

Shoot the bull on here at least two times a day sometimes more......All jokes a side I try to shoot at least every week or two if just going out into the back yard and burning a few cb's.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:54 AM

I go to the range atleast every other week all year round. During the summer im therealmost every weekend Sat and Sun.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:04 AM

Before the kids came along I use to go tothe range at least every other weekend and spend the whole day there. Then it got to be just a couple of timesbefore deer season rolled around.My son is six years old now and loves to go with me so we are starting to hit it more often.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:45 AM

CCPaHunter,
What range do you go to?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 AM

I shoot just about evey week year around. I work about 4 miles from a range, so I can go out at lunch time, or after work. When I am having a particularly stressful day, it's pretty much therapy
Old 01-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot pretty much everyday. My deer rifle varies every year, depends which rifle I feel like shooting. Normally its my Browning A-Bolt 7mm Rem Mag, and I usually burn 100rds or more thru the barrel each year. Cottontails make real good practice here in the winter
Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 AM

The only rifles that really get alot of damage are the higher velocity rounds. I'm not sure what mark constitutes a "high velocity round". I',m thinking probably somewhere above 3500fps or more. Then you start getting into burning out the rifling. I don't want to spit out too much because I'm really only saying what I've read. Someone else help me out here.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I have the advantage of having 140 acres in the country,I get to shoot almost every day. I have 25 yard and 50 yard handgun/rifle/bow range in back yard,and 300 yard in back field.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

I get to the range several times a week. The best part is I get paid for it and the ammo is free.
Most of the time I'm shooting a Rem 700 LTR, but I sneek in time on the deer rifles as well.

Quick Reply: how often do you shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.