Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom M9 >

Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom M9

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom M9

Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom M9

What do you guys think of the Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom M9

Are they a good model

i did read where they had some issues a few years back with slides made in france i think.

Are they worth buying i like the look o fthe beretta and i like the fact it is a operation of enduring freedom
Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom M9

I've put thousands of rounds through my 92FS and various issued M9s and never had any slide issues. It's a very reliable pistol if you can overcome the thought of it being just a 9mm.

Unless you're a collector, guess I don't see the "mystique" of owning an "Operation Enduring Freedom" handgun (although reliable, it's one of the least popular small arms in either Iraq or Afghanistan - speaking from experience). I you want some "Operation Enduring Freedom" gear, there's plenty of "stuff" (Saddam Dinar, helmets, etc.) up for auction on various sites.

If you want a 9mm to shoot, a standard 92FS will suit you just fine, it functions just fine without engraving added to it. And - it'll probably be a LOT cheaper.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i figure i will look for a normal model and compare prices
i think the gold engravingbut since the war is not popular the gun properly ant either.
ORIGINAL: homers brother

I've put thousands of rounds through my 92FS and various issued M9s and never had any slide issues. It's a very reliable pistol if you can overcome the thought of it being just a 9mm.

Unless you're a collector, guess I don't see the "mystique" of owning an "Operation Enduring Freedom" handgun (although reliable, it's one of the least popular small arms in either Iraq or Afghanistan - speaking from experience). I you want some "Operation Enduring Freedom" gear, there's plenty of "stuff" (Saddam Dinar, helmets, etc.) up for auction on various sites.

If you want a 9mm to shoot, a standard 92FS will suit you just fine, it functions just fine without engraving added to it. And - it'll probably be a LOT cheaper.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think the gold engravingbut since the war is not popular the gun properly ant either.
I avoid guns that can be described as 'collectable' because they usually aren't.

Beretta did make a series of 92FS about 10 years ago that had logos of different branches of the amed services etched on them. An extra bonus was that they had the heavier brigadier slides and the price wasn't much more than the standard 92FS. I just feel its sort of tacky buying a gun tributed to an armed force without ever serving in one.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

the slide issue am a unsure of when it happen but the French i think ordered some m9s but sent berreta the metal for the slides well the metal sucked

without knowing this berreta sent some of the French slide to USA costumers and they where cracking from the pressure of our ammo
ORIGINAL: homers brother