Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 how do you carry ammo >

how do you carry ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how do you carry ammo

Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how do you carry ammo

I carry mine the same way as jeepkid. I am planning on getting a leather carry pouch for holding my spare WSSM rounds.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

5 in my rifle and another 4 in a cut off red bullet holder that comes with the box of Federal cartridges and I keep that in my pants pocket. I can shoot my bullets in the rifle and quickly re-load from the 4 cartridges in my pocket. The red plastic holder stops them from rattling around. I keep another 10 in a full sized cartridge holder in my fanny pack. I haven't had to use more than what is in the gun but you never know.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need something that will hold .22 hornet shells ? They dont fit in anything I have found, (to small)
Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

For my muzzleloader I use a speed loader that has three tubes attached to my sling. I also have one loaded up already but don't have the primer in the breech plug until I get in my stand. The primer for my first shot is stored in the butt pad screw hole. Everything else I use the pockets of my jacket.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry 9 on the stalk of my gun if I need more than that to kill a deer I need to go back to the range.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

either a stock holder like jeep kid or the box the ammo came in or if your like me and buy bulk and have a semi auto go with a extra clip or to
Old 01-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Geez, you guys carry alot of ammo.
I load my internal magazine (4 rounds) then close the bolt on an empty chamber until I arrive at my location. If I can't get it done w/ 4 rounds then I don't deserve to be in the woods.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I was going to suggest the same thing jdreddish....

I carry mine in the rifle's magazine. They don't make noise, and they're always right where I need them whenever I need them.

FWIW - I used to carry electric blasting caps in my breast BDU pocket (all cased,shunted and religiously checked). I carried about 290 rounds of 5.56mm in bandoleers and magazines at the same time, flew around in helicopters (think "static electricity machines") and somehow never turned into a mushroom cloud.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Site Bouncer

I have an assortment of cartridge holders ranging from 5 round to 10 round that go on my belt. Some are leather, some are nylon and some are a combination of both. I prefer a simple 5 round leather one though.

I always carry extra rounds while hunting, not because I'll need them on the game I'm after, Isimply don't like to be without ammo.You never knowwhen you're gonna need it and your firearm is useless without it.

A few extra rounds on your belt don't weigh that much, but they can sure come in handy.....You just never know.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: jdreddish

Geez, you guys carry alot of ammo.
I load my internal magazine (4 rounds) then close the bolt on an empty chamber until I arrive at my location. If I can't get it done w/ 4 rounds then I don't deserve to be in the woods.
I agree,haveone roundfor each tag and a spare.

Quick Reply: how do you carry ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.