Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 CZ 416 Rigby Questions? >

CZ 416 Rigby Questions?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CZ 416 Rigby Questions?

Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CZ 416 Rigby Questions?

Look at Holland QD brake, they are suppose to not be as loud as regular breaks. You might also look into a Gra-Coil or RAD system on it. Check out http://www.speedbumpstockworks.com/
Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Get some reloading dies then you can afford to shoot more.Cast bullets are a good way too.Brass can be made if unavailable by using either .460 WM or .378 WB with the belts lathed off and FL resized.The .378WM will have to be necked up first of course..............Harold
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I bought a CZ 416 Rigby today. I don't get to pick it up for a while. I know I'm going to put a brake on it, but I don't know which one yet. I'm also going to put a mercury recoil reducer and a limbsaver pad on it. My question to you guys is, What type of scope and what would be your suggestions for which brand. I would prefer a scope that would let me use the iron sights at the same time if possible. Any other advice on this gun, at all, would be appreciated!

As Always Thanks For Your Advice!!

Bryan
I have one of those CZ .416's with a VAIS brake on it. The brakeis ugly, and I hate brakes. BUT it DOES cut recoil down, and the VAIS is less hard on your ears than some other brakes.

This rifle is very accurate, like all CZ's I've dealt with, and I have a super cast bullet load for mine. I bought 350-grain cast flatnose gascheck bullets, sized .417" and tempered to 21 Brinell, from The Bull Shop in Delta Junction AK. http://bullshop.gunloads.com/ My load is 112 grains of AA 8700 powder, Fed. 215 primers, in Jamison cases. MV = 2100 FPS. Here's a target. First shot (9-ring) was fired usinga Lead Sled, the next three were from a sandbag rest. Lead Sled often affects point of impact!

IMO, this load would make a good short-range deer and elk load......

I also developed a very accurate load for mine using the Barnes 350-grain TSX and IMR 4350, which I believe would make a good big bear or African load. But will probably never get a chance to use it on such critters.

I have an old Leupold 3X scope with flattop post & crosshair on this rifle. I also think a Leupold Compact 2.5X w/ post reticle would be good, as well as a Leup.1X-4X or 1.5X-5X. I favor a post type or heavy duplex reticle for dangerous game rifles......