Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 old war pistol >

old war pistol

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

old war pistol

Old 02-17-2008, 06:23 PM

Default RE: old war pistol

i figured i would drop in and say hi, its been a while sence ive been able to get on so i figured id post some updates. i just got the pistol back from the gunsmith the otherday, i had him nickel plate it and upgrade it with some moderen parts. it cost a bit more than i thaught but i like it better this way. ive had the m1's put back togeather, oiled, and ive got them stored away in a safe place.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:44 PM

I'm assuming you're joking and that's not the same pistol. If it is, you just knocked about $1,000.00 or more off the value with that work. All collectors value is now destroyed.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 AM

i got alittle creative with my grinder and drimal, i alsopainted the grips to look like rack numberswhatcha think?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:13 AM

wow.... what a collection!!! no expert on WWII relics but as other have stated. hang on to these and pass them down (future generations/family heirlooms) my granddad was in the phillipeans too. i cherish the one photo i have of him in uniform kneeling near a palm tree.

thanks for sharing
Old 02-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please tell me that's not the same pistol- I'm about to puke up my breakfast. If its the sameone, you probably turned a $2500 collector piece into something that's now worth about $600.[:'(]

Well, I hope that you are at least happy with it.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: donnyone

i figured i would drop in and say hi, its been a while sence ive been able to get on so i figured id post some updates. i just got the pistol back from the gunsmith the otherday, i had him nickel plate it and upgrade it with some moderen parts. it cost a bit more than i thaught but i like it better this way. ive had the m1's put back togeather, oiled, and ive got them stored away in a safe place.
IF that's the same pistol, please tell me the gunsmith advised you what would happen to the value of the piece by refinishing it!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Donnyone, if that is the same pistol, WTF did you do?You as the ownerare too damn stupid to deserve ownership of thatonce fine pistol. You rendered a once finepistol, highly valuable, not to mention a piece of history, into a piece of chit.Also, the so-called gunsmith who did the work, ought to have his nads cutoff with a dull rusty knife, and the nads run thru a meat grinder to prevent further contamination of the human gene pool.

What a waste of a fine 1991A1. I do you ahuge favor and buy the 2 Winchester Garands off you right now for $800 each as is, to spare them the same fate, from your dumbazz.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

You as the ownerare too damn stupid to deserve ownership of thatonce fine pistol. You rendered a once finepistol, highly valuable, not to mention a piece of history, into a piece of chit.Also, the so-called gunsmith who did the work, ought to have his nads cutoff with a dull rusty knife, and the nads run thru a meat grinder to prevent further contamination of the human gene pool.
I wouldn't be too hard on the original poster, he might not have had any realization of what he really had despite the advice given on this thread not to mention that he has to live with his shiny new money pit.

What the gun*cough* hacker did was completely unforgivable. If he was a legitimate gunsmith skilled enough to work on 1911s, he would have known what he was working on and what the true cost of his work would have been. If he had any ethics at all, he would have talked you out of doing the work, or maybe offered a new Kimber as an even trade if you needed the 'improvements' made. If it wasn't an ethical problem, then the guy was too stupid to work on your pistol and you probably have something that is less than spectacular and possibly unsafe to shoot. The uneven looking nickel finish points me toward the latter.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that's the same pistol, I think I'll besick as well...

Grind/Dremel away, any value that fine old warhorse once had is now history.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Umm nevermind, we've been had. Dannyone (Kalash) is nothing but a troll.

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...772#post435772
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...248#post431248
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=43733
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=45560
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=45561

Quick Reply: old war pistol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.